Keep getting calls from phone # 312?
tdn120

I've made a habit of not answering calls I don't recognize, so I have yet to pick up, and they never leave a voicemail.  The number that pops up is just "312".  Googling this number is futile, I just get a bunch of results for area code 312. 

Does anyone know what/who this is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keep getting calls from phone # 312?
budone
Legend

Telemarketer or a bill collector who only shares their extension

0 Likes
jclovegren

I was getting a rash of these several months back and never answered. Today I received a call with Caller ID 312. Just for s&g's I answered. Heard nothing on the line, then a few seconds later I heard the sound of a camera click. The call disconnected immediately after that. I checked my photos and there is nothing unexpected there. Spoke with VZW 611. They showed a call "from 312" with no other info. I generally don't answer anything I'm not familiar with figuring they will leave a message if legit. Today I was just bored at the moment...

0 Likes
cocofifi
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can block the number for about 90 days for free on My Verizon. It's what I do.

0 Likes
jclovegren

Can't block it without valid phone number... or so I'm told

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It does need to be a 10 digit number

0 Likes
DCK-TN

I am now getting this on both of my personal and work Verizon phones. I have reported it to the abuse line and an investigation team is suppose to be looking in to it. If more people file complaints it will help the investigation team.

0 Likes
snm55447

Since yesterday 9/10/13 I have began receiving phone calls from this number also, its just "312"

Today 9/11/13 I have so far got two calls, that i didn't answer. This caller has not yet left any voicemails.

My provider is through Virgin Mobile; I called them up this evening and they couldn't even trace that this number was an incoming call. They cannot block, the number because it only consists of three digits. So the only option is to change numbers. I haven't been harassed enough yet by this caller, but if it continues I will get a new number.

0 Likes
sandrakh

I own an iPhone 5. I just updated my iPhone with the IOS7 software. I have been receiving 312 calls for about 3 weeks. I called Verizon and spoke with an amazing tech person named POLO. Here is how to actually block non ten digit telephone numbers. In this case, save 312 in your iPhone contacts. Once you are done saving this number in your contacts, scroll down to the command at the bottom of your screen (while still in contacts) that says "BLOCK THIS CALLER". Tap "BLOCK THIS CALLER". This should end those unwanted calls that cannot be blocked through your online account management access. This process has worked, so far, for me.

0 Likes
jsingr

It's a telemarketer.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes