Just switched from AT&T to Verizon Data Speed Awful!
davidarst
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm regretting my switch at this point.  Have been on the phone thinking surely the problem is on my end.  Just a  little research shows that is not the problem.  After reseting Networks etc still nothing.  My family plan is still with AT&T and I went over and grabbed my son's iPhone8 and checked speeds....and bam with 2/3 bars LTE

That is from my Son's phone...this is from my New Glaxay s8+

This is from my Galaxy s8+ Palestine, TX. 75801 on a google speed test site

Screenshot_20180314-144918.png

This was from Verizon's Site

Screenshot_20180314-144748.png

And to boot...I have this Verizon Tower in my back yard. 

20180314_145100.jpg

I need some real input on why this is?  I have 30 days to get out of this relationship.

Hope this helps.

Labels (1)
Re: Just switched from AT&T to Verizon Data Speed Awful!
mama23dogs
Legend

You have 14 days to get out, not 30.  Please read your agreement with Verizon.  The return period on phones is 14 days. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What plan are you on?  If you chose the cheaper of the 2 unlimited plans, the service is always reprioritized.  ATT has copied these plans, unfortunately

0 Likes
davidarst
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on the business top tear plan...will not throttle until after 22gb

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

If at&t was so awesome why did you leave? Also just because a tower is in your back yard doesn't mean you're the only one using it. Also it's no necessarily better to be right under the tower. The antennas aren't aimed straight down. They're design to send a signal MILES away

0 Likes
davidarst
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't get me wrong AT&T not perfect  I do have an update  visiting down in hill country of Texas and speeds much better. It appears the tower in Palestine is just overloaded.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure that you have the speeds that you need. In which zip code are you having this issue? What is the make and model of the two devices you are comparing signals? Are you doing this indoors or outdoors?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ATT has customer service issues beyond reason.  But if the service works, you have to go back.  Just watch your back, double check everything and beware of authorized retailers.  

Remember the return period is only 14 days. 

0 Likes
davidarst
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ZIP for Palestine is 75801.

My AT&T device is iPhone 8+ My Verizon device is Samsung s8+ both were tested indoors from the same location.

0 Likes
davidarst
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a business account so I do have 30 days in my understanding.

0 Likes