Re: JetPack Service and Data Usage; Were We Told the Truth?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello slapstick,

Thank you for sharing your concern about the data usage on your jetpack. We want to do everything that we can to ensure that you are able to enjoy your wireless data services. After all, who wants to pay for a service that they aren't using. I'm eager to partner with you and get this resolved once and for all. I sent you a follow request so you can send me a private message. This way we can investigate together. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
slapstick
Enthusiast - Level 3

This slapstick, look forward to hearing from you

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
slapstick
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is slapstick and I have tried to reply to your recent message but the site will not let me do so. If you send me your email address then I can reply. Thx

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The forum does not work that way.  You need to follow someone and they follow you back before private messaging becomes available.  Private messages can only be sent directly from the forum, not via email.

slapstick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so is this message now private

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is not, slapstick! But now worries, I can help with that. To send a direct message to someone, Hover over the members Avatar and click "Follow" once you are following a member the member must in turn "Follow" you before you can begin to send private or direct messages back and forth between each other.

Once you and the member are following each other you can click Create > Direct Message or hover over the person's name in the Activity stream and click Direct Message. After your message is sent, the receiver will see it in their Communications stream. From there, the receiver can respond directly.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JetPack Service and Data Usage; Were We Told the Truth?
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

Follow me for a better solution.

0 Likes
slapstick
Enthusiast - Level 3

This replying and following has been going on for several days and I have no answers just lots of people replying and telling me to follow them. Maybe somebody could just pick up a phone and call or send an email that I can respond to. I don't have the time to sit and wait for somebody to reply to my follows. We area getting nowhere.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is only so much spinning your wheels you should put up with.

You did the right thing.

A jetpack is fine for short term, portable, internet service.   It is NOT a solution for home internet service.   It should be turned off immediately after use.

While password protected, once a jetpack connects to a device, they do not disconnect or re-connect automatically when within range and data is constantly streaming back and forth.

You wrote:  "Tech told me that my smartphone was automatically connecting to wifi and using data. Impossible since I don't use my phone to surf at home when I have a computer in front of me."

Unless you purposely turn wifi off on the cell, it is syncing data back and forth, updating mail, etc.   The Tech was correct.

0 Likes
slapstick
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is actually getting pretty funny. Again I get a response from someone telling me that there is no problem with jetpack, defending Verizon jetpack service, and putting it on my use. Let me explain this one more time. The jetpack was used for my home internet service for more than four years and we were VERY SATISFIED with what WE DO on the internet. For me and my wife it WAS A VERY GOOD SOLUTION. So please don't tell me that it wasn't meant for what we used it for when we were getting very good service for WHAT WE DO. We don't watch movies stream videos or music, we only use email and do some light surfing. For more than 4 years we NEVER turned the jetpacks that we have used off when not in use and never experienced high usage. As to what the tech said about the phone syncing with the wifi, I told him and I will tell you that I do not EVER turn my wifi on my phone. I do not want to constantly have to answer if I want to connect to available wifi's. When I use my smartphone it connects to Verizon service so I don't need wifi. I HAVE NEVER USED WIFI TO CONNECT MY PHONE FOR INTERNET SERVICE. MY problem was simple, in one month we went from 10 gigs of usage to 20 gigs and had to turn the thing off after 3 weeks. For the remaining 6 days of the cycle we used my phones hotspot for both of our devices and used a whopping 1.3 gigs in 6 days of our normal use. Proof that something was wrong with jetpack or your charges.. In addition after getting the runaround from Verizon and no satisfactory answers we switched to satellite service that the tech said we would be dissatisfied with, Funny thing in almost 3 weeks of DOING WHAT WE DO our usage is a whopping 4 gigs of usage not 20. And yes the service is very good. For 20 gigs we pay $65.00. Last month I paid almost $200.00 for 3 weeks of service with Verizon internet for the same 20 gigs and couldn't use it the last week. And the runaround continues as various people offer to help and I get emails in my box but no matter how many people I choose to FOLLOW on this site, no one from Verizon has contacted me personally. I have a phone and email. If someone really wanted to resolve this issue I know Verizon reps could get in touch with me personally and not through this medium. I used this medium because talking directly to Verizon got no answers that make sence. Other people were having the same problem and Verizon needs to fix it before they lose more than just me as a customer. So please don't ask my to follow anyone else, use your resources to contact me in a way I can respond personally and not in a forum.