Re: It must be company policy to lie to the customer.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reps wouldn't and couldn't have known the policy was going to change either.  I don't like the change too, but I have also accepted the fact that companies do things for a reason.  Verizon Wireless has provided you with options to keep the unlimited data plan.  They could have removed that option at that time and still could in the future.  You as a customer need to decide for yourself what is more important, keeping the unlimited data plan or getting a new device.  I have decided to keep my phones as long as possible and start saving to purchase off contract at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Then the reps should have stated they did not know. I would have accepted that and again, played my hand differently. But that is not what happened. I am a business owner and what verizon did was wrong, period.

Tidbits
Legend

LuvMyLabs wrote:

Then the reps should have stated they did not know. I would have accepted that and again, played my hand differently. But that is not what happened. I am a business owner and what verizon did was wrong, period.

A business owner of what?  How many employees?  Small business' have an easier time relaying information between employees.  Also when there are talks about the company policy how often do the people at the lower totem pole know about the upcoming changes before they go live or being talked about.  None...  They have no control and power as to what is going to happen.

They are going by what is told to them.  You are grandfathered as long as you buy your device outright.  One can only speculate once June 29th 2014 happens that's when ultimately unlimited data will stop to exist.

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

The reps are going by what was told to them by who? And who told them? And so on.

So ultimately, who is responsible for the information the reps give to customers? I would sure like to know since noone seems to be responsible for anything.

Not applicable

LuvMyLabs wrote:

Brian68 wrote:

LuvMyLabs wrote:

Telling people that they are grandfathered in to unlimited data and they can keep it with future upgrades is lying or at the very minium misleading customers. Especially, when you have have customers like me that asked NUMEROUS customer service reps and reps at their corporate stores this specific question.

Now in another thread, I believe you said that unlimited data is unsustainable. That statement may or may not be true. But, if verizon is correct in saying 98/99% of their unlimited data users use less then 2 gigs a month. I fail to understand what the problem is with letting their unlimited data users keep it. I can see changing their policy for new users but not for grandfathered customers.

One more note, if verizon is correct in saying unlimited is unsustainable, then why are they selling such large data packages? According to their own statements, high data usage would clog their networks.

A) grandfathered doesn't mean FOREVER. It also doesn't mean they can;t put restriction on it like requiring you to pay full price for a phone to keep it.

B) well those of use with KNOWLEDGE do know unlimited is not sustainable. Also if these people are using less than 2 GB a month that what is the issue with going to a 2 GB plan? Your point is a contradiction.

C) 20 GB is hardly large. On my home connection I use 150 GB month easy, sometimes 250 GB. Also they can offer them because only a small % of customers are going to fork over $150 for 20 GB.

Also I might add there is thing called wi-fi. If you'd access it when available you'd be surprised how much less mobile data you use.

I'm not saying that Verizon shouldn't up their caps I think they should. But to insist on unlimited for $30 a month when even my wired home cable internet doesn't offer it is silly. I pay $50 a month for cable internet and it has a cap. Sure it's 250 GB, but it's still a cap and 250 GB is less than unlimited. And $50 is more than $30.

A).  I said I was told I was grandfathered in AND I can keep it with future upgrades. I was not just told I was grandfathered. I made sure to ask specific questions so the reps had to answer them specifically. And without looking at my notes, at LEAST 10 different reps (actually more) told me this same thing including corporate stores.

B).  It wasn't me that said said 90 some odd percent use less then 2 gigs, it was verizon.

And....if you pay $50 a month for 250 gig....then I'll pay verizon $25.00 a month for 125 gigs.

A) Unless you got something in writing it doesn't matter what anyone told you.

B) I pay $50 for 250 GB to my CABLE company. Surly you know there is a HUGE difference between cable ISPs and mobile data. I'm sure if Verizon offered 30 GB for $30 you'd still be upset.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

LuvMyLabs wrote:

A business owner of what?  How many employees?  Small business' have an easier time relaying information between employees.  Also when there are talks about the company policy how often do the people at the lower totem pole know about the upcoming changes before they go live or being talked about.  None...  They have no control and power as to what is going to happen.

They are going by what is told to them.  You are grandfathered as long as you buy your device outright.  One can only speculate once June 29th 2014 happens that's when ultimately unlimited data will stop to exist.

I'm eagerly waiting for that day so everyone can be on the same page. And since all those unlimited people losing unlimited will be out of contract they can LEAVE without an ETF so they have no excuses to stay if they hate Verizon so bad.

0 Likes
RayRandazzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was their policy with me

<Duplicate content deleted for crossposting per the for the community.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Hopefully by then, all the same page people can come up with some kind of explanation for customers as to why they are still getting large and frequent unexplained data overages.

0 Likes
It must be company policy to lie to the customer.
Tidbits
Legend

I have already explained more than a handful of times for some people.  You may be a light user, but your device might not be setup as a light user.  People don't know how background data works, and how often it runs.  People leave autoupdate on their devices.  People also don't realize a full webpage with flash can exceed 500MB especially when they don't BACK OUT of their browsers and just hit the home button(which in turn puts it into the background still running). 

0 Likes