Is verizon overloading their abilities in Eugen and southern Oregon? Lucky to get 4-5mb anymore
vtail50

When 4G LTE came in speeds were good. Seems lately things are getting slower and slower

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is verizon overloading their abilities in Eugen and southern Oregon? Lucky to get 4-5mb anymore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vtail50,

Thank you for the information. We certainly want you to have consistent service. I do show that the area you travel through does pass through areas of 4g extended coverage. These are areas that are capable of receiving 4g LTE however it will not always be consistent. If you are driving through these areas the handoffs between tower changes will not always be consistent for 4g, however the device should revert back to 3G. Have you looked into getting a sim replacement for your device to refresh the network. You can do so at any Verizon corporate store. Keep us updated on your findings and I am sure we can review this together in more detail.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is verizon overloading their abilities in Eugen and southern Oregon? Lucky to get 4-5mb anymore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello vtail50!

I feel the need for speed too! I'd love to help you. I'm not showing any issues going on in the area you mentioned, but I'd like to ask a couple questions. Have you tested your speeds at different times of day and in different areas? Speed can vary due to these, and other factors. You can try this: http://www.speedtest.net

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
vtail50

I travel from Roseburg to Coos Bay to Florence to Eugene and south to Roseburg daily.

I have noticed lately that coverage in Myrtle Point/Coquille has deteriated

Coos Bay is fine

Florence stinks and has always for the last year or better

Eugene I pass through 1-4pm daily. The west side of town is good speeds. I get in the downtown to I-5 area and am lucky to get 1-2Mb even though it shows 4G LTE. A lot of time it goes to roaming.

I listen to tunein radio and on the drive from Eugene to Roseburg I will loose signal 5-6 times each day. Even in the town of Roseburg. Your map shows 4G LTE 90% of that trip.

I have an HTC One M8 from AT&T I am going to try out the next couple of days to compare speeds.

Strange that I got that phone Saturday and now all weekend I have been getting 17-20Mb sppeds on my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx phone at home in Sutherlin. Never saw those speeds before

All using speedtest.net

Thank you

Bruce

Private info removed as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vtail50,

Thank you for the information. We certainly want you to have consistent service. I do show that the area you travel through does pass through areas of 4g extended coverage. These are areas that are capable of receiving 4g LTE however it will not always be consistent. If you are driving through these areas the handoffs between tower changes will not always be consistent for 4g, however the device should revert back to 3G. Have you looked into getting a sim replacement for your device to refresh the network. You can do so at any Verizon corporate store. Keep us updated on your findings and I am sure we can review this together in more detail.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes