Re: Is this a deceptive practice?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck with that combination.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jdbusch wrote:

So wifi calling, pay another company so that you can use the company you already pay... Lol. Rather than a company who promised you, the best nework, reliable service, blah blah blah, actually provide you reliability, and the best network. Lol

You do realize you must have an available broadband internet connection in order to use that network extender???? You are STILL going to have to pay another company in order to use the network extender, otherwise I suppose it would make a good paperweight.

Additionally, being the best network does not mean they have service in ALL areas. NO network is the best network for EVERYONE and NO network has the best coverage in ALL areas. If you are looking for one which has the best service in ALL areas, you will be looking for a LONG time. That does not mean 1 network can be better than the others depending on what a customer needs/wants. For me, Verizon is the best network for my needs/wants. For others, another network may be the better network.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jdbusch wrote:

Well, glad they are sending me a jetpack free too.

Since the tech who offered it up as a combination said it would work together and make the service work correctly.

What is a jetpack going to do if as you say, you don't get a good Verizon signal in your home??? That jetpack is going to be getting the same Verizon signal as your phone gets.

Jdbusch
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is what I'm talking about, here have this, the order is placed.... When it wasn't.

Here do this it will work, and it doesn't.

We guarantee you this, and I don't get it.

That's the customer service, and tech support I've received.  Like just say and do whatever to keep collecting money, until he finally refuses to pay any longer....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jdbusch wrote:

This is what I'm talking about, here have this, the order is placed.... When it wasn't.

Here do this it will work, and it doesn't.

We guarantee you this, and I don't get it.

That's the customer service, and tech support I've received. Like just say and do whatever to keep collecting money, until he finally refuses to pay any longer....

But according to you, you are getting all of this stuff for free. What money are they collecting?

If you mean they are collecting money for service, NO provider guarantees service in ALL locations. If Verizon is not the best provider in your area, do a little research and go with a different provider if a better one is available in your area. Keep in mind, while another provider may have better service in your home, it may also have worse service in other areas you would like to have service.

If there is not a better provider for your home, get a landline.

Cellular service is not an EVERYWHERE service, even though that is what MANY people think it is.

0 Likes
Jdbusch
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I understand that, my service worked as I was told and sold on how it would, and for two months it has degraded, it's not a " oh my service has never worked right" thing, it's a quality of service has slowly become a failure. And rather than fix whatever tower problem they are having,and be straight up about it. I keep getting a run around.

And when I give them the tower information and DB readings, and everything that the techs read, I get these ideas.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jdbusch wrote:

And rather than fix whatever tower problem they are having,and be straight up about it. I keep getting a run around.

How can you be sure it is a "tower problem"? Other factors can affect service which have nothing to do with the tower and are out of Verizon's control to fix. Cellular service is a line of site technology and other factors outside the control of Verizon which can affect it would include but are not limited to construction(new construction OR changes in current construction), foliage(as foliage ages, it gets denser with a higher propensity to block signal), electrical interference(new power lines, denser population with more electrical need, etc...), atmospheric conditions, etc...

0 Likes
Jdbusch
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the past 5 months, foliage has faded due to winter, no new construction between the towers and here, now new power lines, other towers, buildings etc, the population has actually decreased because of the way the state is run.

Atmospheric conditions do not last that long or have been significant according to NOAA and the U.S.G.S. has confirmed no geological topographic or seismic changes in my area,

No new underground pipelines, mining, or underground wiring has gone down and been energized.

I have actually looked into it, I'm not the " oh, I lost A bar. Time to call" person. And I get that alot of factors can cause degradation of signal.

Which is why I did my signal tests, and checked the area for various factors, before even calling in. So that the tech support and myself had as much information as possible to start with. So we could move forward with resolving the issue. Been a customer for over 3 yrs, and this is a relatively new event.  For years I was receiving a great signal. Averaged around -40 DB.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jdbusch wrote:

In the past 5 months, foliage has faded due to winter

And by that I assume you mean "leaves" which is not the part of foliage which blocks signal the most.

Jdbusch wrote:

no new construction between the towers and here

Construction WITHIN existing buildings can affect signal just as much as new construction can. Unless, of course, you have been inside all of the buildings "between the towers and here".

0 Likes
Jdbusch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I know and pine trees which can block the most signal do not she'd thier "leaves" in winter.

The tower is 9.4 miles south, I can see the beacon light flash well above the tree line in the distance in the evening due to it position being on an elevated section of land.

Now your average cell phone can connect for about 45 miles, and your average tower cdma tower will operate in a signal radius from it's center at 22 miles with maximum interference, with a range of 30 miles with clear signal operation.

Now even at the lowest end of the spectrum, with line of sight to the tower, and the cheapest phone, I should still not have any issues with service quality from, outside interference, atmospheric conditions, foliage, power lines or other electrical/communication lines, construction, etc,  with multiple models of phones.

0 Likes