Is there anyone that hold fraud prevention accountable for acting appropritely to customers?
skilyleski

After trying to switch back to Verizon - I was previously a customer for ten years, I have been treated like a criminal and my order has been refused. I ordered a note5 64G online because they don't have any in the store, but since I wanted it shipped to my business instead of my billing P.O. Box, they lost it. Even though they provide the two different address options, they said I couldn't do that, and how would I know? So after answering 9 verification questions correctly, which I know they are just looking at my credit report, they finally started asking me my relatives birthdays. This is excessive for a cell phone. I have never been subject to this, and it is unacceptable. They then said that I would have to send in a copy of my drivers license, social security card, and a utility bill. I live in a corporate apartment where I don't have to pay for anything, and I keep my social security card hundreds of miles away in a safe place. So this is impossible. All I was trying to do is switch to Verizon, and this is how I get treated? I am who I say I am, and provided lots of data to prove that, along with ten years of customer history! Is this the customer experience that Verizon intends to provide? It's a cell phone, not a mortgage! I could get a new driver's license, or get fingerprinted to work with children with less supporting documentation than it takes to get a little cell phone? Lol

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there anyone that hold fraud prevention accountable for acting appropritely to customers?
skilyleski

Apparently I'm too professional. Left a message for the manager, they called back and I'm good to go! I was verified, and apparently the two customer service agents in Fraud that I spoke to were out of line!

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyone that hold fraud prevention accountable for acting appropritely to customers?
Snn5
Legend

You never ship an item that must be signed for by you yourself to a PO Box.  And, if you can be approved to take care of other humans with less of a background and credit check than getting a smartphone....there's something wrong with that.

0 Likes
skilyleski

It wasnt shipped to a po box that was the billing address. The point is that you dont need that much verification.Their customer service agents were being rude and inappropriately asking for information they didnt need. I could have walked into any store and got a phone, but since i ordered online i got put througg the ringer. However the lady who called back after speaking to a manager had no idea what these othertwo were doing so it was quite vindicating! Thanks for the reply though....

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Is there anyone that hold fraud prevention accountable for acting appropritely to customers?
Snn5
Legend

skilyleski wrote:

I ordered a note5 64G online because they don't have any in the store, but since I wanted it shipped to my business instead of my billing P.O. Box, they lost it.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.

Looks like you got your Galaxy Note5 at least.

0 Likes