Is there an outage in my area?
dwyatt62

I recently moved to the matthews/charlotte area an decided to switch to Verizon (08/07/2015). I notice that I get 1 or 2 bars at my apartment (NC 28212) and i live on the top floor (only two story apartments). Also i currently work at distribution center and get little to no service in our building (NC 28105) it has been like this since day one of stepping into the building. Even driving around town my service is very poor, maybe 2 or 3 bars through out the day and thats switching between 3G and LTE. I currently have an Iphone 6 plus and i even went into the local corp store in mint hill to have my sim card switched out thinking that could be the issue and it wasnt. I get better coverage at my fathers house out in Otto North Carolina than i do in Matthews or Charlotte area. How do i report a network issue with Verizon? I used to work in the cell phone industry for another carrier and i tried to navigate verizonwireless.com to try an see where i should submit a ticket an found no luck. If you could look into this i would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Dwyatt62

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Outage in Matthews/Charlotte North Carolina Area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I glad you looked into those two items for me, dwyatt62. This clears the pathway for us getting somebody out there for you. I just sent a message via Private Messaging for us to take the closer look that is needed.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It looks like we have our work cut out for us to get your device in top performing condition, dwyatt62. We do thank you for your details as this moves us though our troubleshooting quicker.  So here is what we face, based on these difficulties in multiple locales we want to take a look at the device.  Now this does not mean we are not dismissing the possibility that we have two locations with sub-standard service. In preparation for a ticket, the network engineers just ask to review some phone settings.
 Knowing you’ve completed a SIM card switch already, we want to know what is service like when Advance Calling is both on and off?  For directions on how to toggle this feature, in this link review the “How do I turn Advanced Calling 1.0 on or off on my iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?” portion: http://spr.ly/6581BPsbc .  Also just to verify, what is the current iOS version installed on your device? Here is how to check : http://spr.ly/6582BPsbY . Additionally at work or home do you know if other Verizon customers are experiencing these same service issues?

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dwyatt62

Thank you for the quick response! Yes i currently do have the advance calling 1.0 turned on for both voice and data. My current ISO on my phone is 9.1 (13B143). I am not the only Verizon customer that is effected at both home and my office at work.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I glad you looked into those two items for me, dwyatt62. This clears the pathway for us getting somebody out there for you. I just sent a message via Private Messaging for us to take the closer look that is needed.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes