Is there a way to get content from text messages without a supoena?
Grimbr13

I need to get ahold of my text message content. for personal use. I want my own records. not anyone else'. 2 months ago i was accused of cheating. my text messages will prove that i was not. but since that time, the messages have fallen off my phone and now the only proof i have is the text log that shows dates and times of messages. That isnt enough. I am not looking to sue anybody. I simply want my own text message content for personal use. I shouldnt have to go to court and file a subpoena to get personal records. It isnt revealing the identity of anybody but myself. The court process just isnt necessary. And its a little too expensive for my pocket book

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to get content from text messages without a supoena?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can't help with the previously deleted content, but you can change the settings in the phone (depending on the OS) to not delete old messages and you can install a SMS Backup application to keep a separate record of the messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to get content from text messages without a supoena?
rcschnoor
Legend

Aside from what Ann154 has stated, even with a court order you can only get content from the past 10 days or so. After that the info on Verizon's servers are overwritten. They do not keep a copy of your old messages for longer than that.Smiley Happy

0 Likes