Re: Is there a link I can check whether my cell tower is up or down?
CL16

I am having the same issue: no calls in or out.

This occurred on the drive home this evening and continued for the last three hours at home.

Message states: Mobile service not operational (Or something like that.)

Also: Call not connected.  Would you like to try again or cancel?

My zip code is 48843

0 Likes
baz1234

I am new to Verizon.  We have the family plan and as soon as we got home, the dropped calls started.  A call would come in, and BLIP!  It is gone.  Verizon's answer is we are in an area with bad coverage and I have to pay $200 to get a signal booster!  You have got to be kidding!  Verizon is supposed to supply the coverage.  I am not in a remote area, in a gulley or behind a mountain.  I am in a suburban residential neighborhood.  We had Sprint before and when my son did not have good coverage where he lived - Sprint sent him a signal booster FOR FREE!  Think about it.  I only switched to Verizon for better coverage when traveling.  I don't have a home phone, so being able to call 911 without a dropped call is rather important.  But, I am not paying another $200 for that.

0 Likes
e11is

Having same issue for a week now. Location is 45171 area. Had good coverage and now zero to 1 bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to the Verizon family, baz1234. We regret that you are having connection problems at home. Lamentably, we are not able to guarantee coverage indoors & the Network Extender will help with that http://vz.to/IHRT6h.
We do not have a link to check on the towers, but if you feel there is something going on in an certain area, we have a technical support team 800.922.0204 option 3 where it can be reported.
You can also alert us via Live Chat and Social Media.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
baz1234

The signal is one bar or nothing outside my house also. It has nothing to do with the reception inside the house, it has everything to do with bad coverage. I am very sorry I switched. Your coverage is worse than Sprint's. So much for your commercials.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Baz1234, I certainly don't want you to regret your switch to Verizon and I understand the need for reliable service at your home. It does sound like we've submit a resolution ticket for your area and this is the answer we've received from our network team. Is this affecting all of the lines on your account? Sometimes different model phones will pick up signal differently and if you're still within your 14 day worry free guarantee, you have the option of exchanging for a different phone. Do any of your neighbors have VZW, check to see what phones they have as well. There is a cost associated with the network extender as it is an accessory to boost indoor signal. We cannot guarantee indoor signal due to many factors outside of our control, but the network extender provides a great indoor option so that you can continue to use VZW for your travel. If this issue is thru ought your whole city, and a ticket has already been submitted, you do still have the option of canceling within your 14 day worry free guarantee.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Might need to port your number and try something else. I know that's an obvious answer.

0 Likes