Re: Is the Edge program a good deal or is it a scam?
ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

iphone 6

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

In all fairness, the following IS NOT confusing.

Untitled-1.jpg

Contract price, monthly Edge price, full price are all clearly listed. With a $25 discount on a 10 GB data allowance, it is $2/month. I guess I just don't see the confusion. Of course, many people don't listen very closely and/or only hear what they want to hear. They hear $2/month, their eyes light up when they think they are getting something for nothing and just gloss over how they get to that value. That is not confusion, that is just common sense.

The bottom line IS that if someone has a monthly Edge payment of $27 with a $25 discount due to their 10 GB data plan, they ARE only paying a NET $2/month for the phone, or a $600 discount on that $650 phone over the life of the Edge agreement.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You mad?

0 Likes
ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, when your first statement doesn't show the $25 discount, then that throws a red flag and makes you wonder whether there is truly going to be a discount. That is why I had the question!

ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

he's just rude! I don't like rude people.

rcschnoor
Legend

Not in the slightest.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ddhj wrote:

well, when your first statement doesn't show the $25 discount

If you would have mentioned this in the original post, a different reply would have been made, such as you should contact CS to make sure you get the Edge discount added to your account.

We are not mind readers. I only go on the information provided in your post. The quoted content you just provided is the FIRST instance where you state you did not mention the missing $25 discount. The fact that the discount is located on your bill in a completely different location than your Edge payment, may even mean that the discount could have been on there and you simply missed it.

The discount will show up as a $25 discount on your monthly Line Access fee, not on your Edge payment.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Remember, my friend, we are here to help others as well as ourselves, not promote a company or dissuade them either, outside of normal circumstances.  Not everyone has been through this mess most of us have been through regarding devices, rates, and service.  Guidance is all that is asked sometimes.

ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless of how you perceived the question, you should still be nice! I don't expect you to be a mind reader but I do expect you to be courteous!

rcschnoor
Legend

I don't promote ANY company over any other. I ALWAYS said that each customer should choose which provider is best for them. It makes no difference to me whether or not they stay with Verizon. If they stay with Verizon when another provider would make a better fit, I think they are making a bad decision. No provider is the best provider for ALL people. It is just as likely another provider will be the best fit for a customer. I am sure there are MANY people who have Verizon service which would be better off with another provider. The bottom line is that a customer should make an informed decision and without correct information, it is unlikely one will be made.

If pointing out information which helps them do so makes me rude, then at least they get the information and can make the informed decision. Being called rude while providing correct information someone does not want to hear is not the worst thing that can happen to me.

Providing incorrect information just because it is what someone wants to hear and incorrectly being called helpful is much worse in my opinion because in the end, the correct information will win out and the mistake will eventually be found out.

0 Likes