Is the Edge program a good deal or is it a scam?
ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told when we signed up for our second phone using Edge that it would be $2/month with a $25 discount from the More Everything plan. Just wondering how others feel about Edge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is the Edge program a good deal or is it a scam?
ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

forgot to add that we were charged the $27 for the phone, rather than $2

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have to consider:  what you pay now broken down into plan price, usage, insurance, taxes.  For some, the 10gb plan is a better deal than the 2-4gb plan because there is an extra $10 I believe taken off for a high data allotment.  For me, it was a bad deal because I pay $50 for unl talk/text and 1GB.  Total with ext warranty and taxes I pay about $57 a month.  Now, if I were to go Edge, I'd pay about $25 a month more for that to get unl talk text and 2GB.  Also, there is usually only one phone offered on an Early Edge upgrade, but on the regular Edge (from out of contract) you can choose any phone.  Mine was based on a $600 phone with the 24 installments.  It's essentially a 2 year contract unless you can pay off either the 75% to upgrade again or pay off the total phone cost.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ddhj wrote:

forgot to add that we were charged the $27 for the phone, rather than $2

Yes, and with the $25 Edge discount for having a 10 GB data allowance, you are brought down to $2.

You pay FULL RETAIL for Edge phones. Did you honestly think you would only pay $2/month for a FULL RETAIL smartphone for 24 months, a TOTAL of $48?????? Really????? Seriously????? Can you point out a FULL RETAIL smartphone which retails for that amount???? ANYWHERE??? A link to ANY reputable website would be sufficient.

The Edge payment is CLEARLY listed ONLINE AND NEXT TO ANY PHONE in a Verizon store and/or retailer. On top of this Edge payment, you will receive a discount dependent on your level of data allowance. Did you think you were "special" and wouldn't have to pay the REAL Edge amount.

$27 - $25 monthly discount = NET MONTHLY EDGE COST. In your case if you have a 10 GB or higher data allowance, it would be $2.

Snn5
Legend

In all fairness, we all know full well how confusing these plans are.  It could be that the information given meant to infer that the increase would equal $2 after savings but came across that the savings would be $25.  People coming off contracts might think this given phones on contract go from $0-$200 or more on contract with subsidizing.  It could be a case of thinking as a contract customer.

ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with a representative and he said that I will see the $25 come off on the next bill in addition to the $25 that didn't show on our current bill.  So yes, it will be like paying $2 for the phone with the $25/per line discount for having 10g plan!

Snn5
Legend

Outstanding results.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I have used the Edge program in the past and saved money on my bill. If you read all the term and compare plans you can come out a winner, just read and pick what will work for you.

Snn5
Legend

What Edge phone did you get?  I know that has a lot to do with the monthly cost as some are a lot cheaper than others monthly.

0 Likes
ddhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

and by the way rcschnoor, I am very special as a matter of fact!