Is the 4G system having problems?
ahepburn51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last year we had a solid 4G cell signal in our house. Since then the signal level has been getting worse. We went from a solid 5 bars of 4G signal to today, where we are getting anywhere from 0 to 3 bars of 3G signal. We have at least 3 towers within a mile of our house, and the towers and our house have not moved in the past year, so my only conclusion is that something has happened to the signal. Has Verizon reduced the signal strength or had our closest tower experienced a problem? We rely on Verizon not only for our phone service but also our internet, through a MiFi. When the signal strength drops the MiFi has to transmit data packets multiple times, which costs us data.

As an example - it took over 15 minutes for this screen to appear after I requested it!

Labels (1)
Re: Is the 4G system having problems?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best possible service where you need it most, ahepburn51. May I have zip code to investigate the area? Does the service imporve as soon as you step outside?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes