Is the $25 device payment discount still available?
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is the $25 per device payment discount still available if I switch to a new data plan and purchase new phones.  I will soon upgrade two of my phones and I am debating switching to a new plan.  I visited the Verizon store a couple of months ago and the salesman mentioned this discount, I just wanted to know if this was still available.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the $25 device payment discount still available?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee74,

Let's make sure you've got all the information you require. We definitely want you to have the best possible rate for your program. Which calling plan are you on at this time? If you are currently on a More Everything plan of 6GB or higher and have a monthly Device Payment, you already qualify. If you are on a Verizon Plan, you already enjoy a reduced rate for your line cost ($20.00 instead of $40.00).

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dee74 wrote:

Is the $25 per device payment discount still available if I switch to a new data plan and purchase new phones.  I will soon upgrade two of my phones and I am debating switching to a new plan.  I visited the Verizon store a couple of months ago and the salesman mentioned this discount, I just wanted to know if this was still available.

The $25 discount(bringing the line access fee down to $15/month) is not available on the current Verizon Plan. You must keep the More Everything Plan in order to get the $25 line discount and you must have a monthly data allowance of I believe at least 6 GB/month.

If you switch to the Verizon Plan, the line access fee is $20/line if you are out of contract or on a DPP.

0 Likes
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I understood the sales person correctly this was not a line discount but a monthly device payment discount.  I have 6GB now on the more everything plan and I do not receive the live discount, that would definitely be nice

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dee74 wrote:

If I understood the sales person correctly this was not a line discount but a monthly device payment discount.  I have 6GB now on the more everything plan and I do not receive the live discount, that would definitely be nice

It is all in how Verizon chooses to explain it at the time. It is a line discount. It is a discount for being on a device payment plan. You don't get both, it is the same thing. It shows up on your bill listed with the line access fee(i.e. line access fee discount). When first introduced it was explained as a line access fee discount for being on a device payment plan. It appears your sales person is explaining it a bit different. It is only available on the More Everything Plan.

My point is you said you were switching to a new plan. If you are on the More Everything Plan and are switching to a new plan, that would mean you are switching to the Verizon Plan which is not eligible for the $25 discount. If you are only speaking of changing your data allowance and keeping your same plan(More Everything) you would remain eligible as long as you are at least with a 6 GB/month data allowance.

0 Likes
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I get the discount on the More Everything Plan?  I would love to save $25 line discount on each phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saving money is important, Dee74. I would be happy to look over your account and find any possible options. I am going to send you a Private Message. Please reach me there, or if you would prefer, reach us on Twitter at the handle listed below, or our Facebook Page.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee74,

Let's make sure you've got all the information you require. We definitely want you to have the best possible rate for your program. Which calling plan are you on at this time? If you are currently on a More Everything plan of 6GB or higher and have a monthly Device Payment, you already qualify. If you are on a Verizon Plan, you already enjoy a reduced rate for your line cost ($20.00 instead of $40.00).

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dee74 wrote:

How do I get the discount on the More Everything Plan?  I would love to save $25 line discount on each phone.

First of all, the line for which you want the discount must be out of contract and have no Device Payment Plan on it. You must have a monthly data allowance of 6 GB or higher. You must be on the More Everything Plan. If you meet all of those requirements you can call in to CS and ask them to add the month to month discount. You used to be able to add this discount yourself in your MyVerizon account, which is no longer the case. Currently, you must call CS and they can still add the discount. That could change at any time as this is a legacy plan.

If at any time you do not meet all of those requirements, the discount will fall off of your line/account.

0 Likes
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for all of the information.  I am still under contract for about 6 more weeks so that explains the lack of discount. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dee74 wrote:

Thank you for all of the information.  I am still under contract for about 6 more weeks so that explains the lack of discount.

Nothing will happen once you complete your contract UNLESS you are proactive. You have to call in and request the month to month discount.

The reason you are not eligible for the discount while under contract is because you must fulfill the contract because of the discount you received on your phone purchase. THEN you become eligible for any currently available discounts.