Is "Share Everything" just a way for Verizon to make more money?
whitede8

If I switch from my current plan (2000 minutes - 2 smartphones with $30 data and insurance & 3 non-smart phones) my cost will INCREASE over $30 per month AND the only benefit I will get is unlimited talk - which I don't need!  I chose the same GBs of data I currently have and I already have unlimited TXT.  So what's the big rave about?  I think I'll keep my 2000 minute plan AND the extra money they are trying to take from me!  I would make sure of the cost BEFORE I switch if I were you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is "Share Everything" just a way for Verizon to make more money?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Existing customers are not required to switch to the Share Everything Plans. Only the unlimited data plan is required to be changed to the tiered data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
whitede8

I know - they just make it sound SO good - like they are trying to get everyone to switch.  I was just trying to let everyone know that it's not necesarrily better that what they already have - so make sure before you switch.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And mostly likely someone else has already started a similar discussion. There are many threads about the Share Everything Plans on this community since they were first announced.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Ann154,

I was not aware that existing customers with unlimited data plans are now required to change to tiered data.  I have not received anything from verizon indicating this.

Is this something new that is up and coming?  When will it take effect?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is in the information released when they announced the Share Everything Plans.

That's why so many people were pre-ordering the Galaxy S3 before June 28th. They could keep the unlimited data plan when the pre-order was placed before then.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

whitede8,

"Is "Share Everything" just a way for Verizon to make more money?"

The answer to your question is YES.  Which is a sound and logical business practice.

My take on this new strategy is twofold.

1 - Most existing customers will pay more.  Some will balk at this and move to other carriers.  But will be offset by all the new customers (See number 2).

2 - Large poor families that otherwise could not afford verizon's coveted services can now get a plan for much less than before.

Another forum member gave me the idea of adding lines (up to 10), to offset the added cost for the new plans.  If you can somehow figure a way to max out the number of lines on your plan and have the others pay to offset your cost, you could come out ahead...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you actually are not required to switch. you will only have to switch to a share everything plan, or select and individual tiered data plan when/if you upgrade at discounted pricing. for now though, nothing will change with your contract.

VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

I'm still confused by your statement "unlimited data plan is required to be changed to the tiered data plans".  So what you are saying is that all unlimited data plans were changed to a tiered plan if not upgraded prior to June 28th?

I don't recall getting anything from them regarding the changes.  It wasn't untill I went to upgrade my phone that I became aware that it would cost me more for the new plan.  I'm on a tight budget and because of the added cost ($40/mo) I was not able to upgrade.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI,

That's how I understood it.

Because of all the conflicting info on the changes such as Ann154 has posted, I am hoping for some clarification.

0 Likes