Is it possible to set a Default Ring Tone for Calendar Events on an LG ENV2?
devinator
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have looked extensively through the menus and have found options to set many other default sounds, however, not one for Calendar Events.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to set a Default Ring Tone for Calendar Events on an LG ENV2?
devinator
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I figured this out.  When you create a Calendar Event and you change the Ring Tone, it saves it as the new default.  But, it's not that simple.

For me, the Default Ring Tone is set to Ringtone 2.  If I create a Calendar Event and change it to say, Ringtone 1, it will save successfully for this Event.  Then, when I got to create a new Event it will display Ringtone 2 as the Ring Tone, however, as soon as I drill into a Menu and do something like, modify the time, upon exiting the Menu the Ring Tone will have changed to the new Default I set, Ring Tone 1.  So, it would appear that they intended it to change the Default when you changed the Ring Tone, but forgot to populate it in the initial screen for a Calendar Event.

There is one catch though.  Once you power off your phone, when you turn it back on, the Default Ringtone will be back to whatever it initially is, in my case, Ringtone 2.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to set a Default Ring Tone for Calendar Events on an LG ENV2?
devinator
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I figured this out.  When you create a Calendar Event and you change the Ring Tone, it saves it as the new default.  But, it's not that simple.

For me, the Default Ring Tone is set to Ringtone 2.  If I create a Calendar Event and change it to say, Ringtone 1, it will save successfully for this Event.  Then, when I got to create a new Event it will display Ringtone 2 as the Ring Tone, however, as soon as I drill into a Menu and do something like, modify the time, upon exiting the Menu the Ring Tone will have changed to the new Default I set, Ring Tone 1.  So, it would appear that they intended it to change the Default when you changed the Ring Tone, but forgot to populate it in the initial screen for a Calendar Event.

There is one catch though.  Once you power off your phone, when you turn it back on, the Default Ringtone will be back to whatever it initially is, in my case, Ringtone 2.

0 Likes