Re: Is data prioritization supposed to make your data plan basically unusable?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:

It appears to me to be written by an informed customer which is much better than an employee any day.

Thank you.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

rcschnoor wrote:

iChelseaSmileU wrote:

No. Actually, it sounds like a Verizon employee posing as a general consumer.

Yes, that is what many people say when they don't get an answer which agrees with their own evaluation of the incident. It is not unthinkable that other customers may actually disagree with you.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Bc5000

The point of this is not slower speeds it is unusable speed that they give us, if they were to slow my data then that would be okay. But they make it lower than one mega bit per second. And that is unacceptable. If it was being prioritized then that would mean that it would come through at at least 3-g speeds where I'm at. There is literally zero possibility that their towers being used maximum efficiency to the point where they can't even spare more than one Mega BIT per second. To put that into perspective the average photo is 6 megabytes or 48 megabits so it would take 48 seconds to load one picture on a website. So the Verizon logo 48 seconds, one of their ads would take about a minute. All together the data connection is unusable. If you try and load anything on a modern Android phone using that so of a connection the phone will just give up. So a prioritization which is what I expected to happen, would make it so that it would load and it would load in a timely manner it would just take a little bit. What they are doing is throttling. They see that I am over 22 gigs, and even though there's no one using the tower right now, or there's very few people using the tower they are making my data unusable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bc5000, we understand the need for fast reliable data speeds; we're here to help. When you're experiencing network management your data speeds can be reduced to 600kbps. To solve this we recommend moving to our Above Unlimited plan, which your line will not experience data management until after you reach 75GB per line. This plan also provides 20GB of mobile hotspot allowance. For details, visit: http://spr.ly/6600Ebjwu

T

rinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@Bc5000 wrote:

They see that I am over 22 gigs, and even though there's no one using the tower right now, or there's very few people using the tower they are making my data unusable.

If there was no one using the tower right now and you were over your threshold, you would not be reprioritized at the moment. Even with very few people using the tower, you should not be reprioritized. Only when there is congestion, more people than the tower can handle, would you be reprioritized. I know people who go over their threshold(myself included) who can still stream video just fine without any hesitation in the video after they have exceeded their threshold(22 GB for me).

0 Likes
J-R-C
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a prepay customer, my data is deprioritized all day, every day.  I only get high speed data at around 3am no matter how little of my "high speed allowance" I've used.   Verizon customer support almost always LIES about the cause, and makes me diagnose my phone every time I call or chat to complain. I've heard lies about my phone being defective or having malware, bad signal, bad SIM cards, etc. but I wake up at 3am and nothing is wrong and the data runs fine.   8:30pm the next day... I'm at 0.01mbps on LTE again and speeds during 18 hours of every day are less than 1mbps.

I understand the theory behind a congested tower and data priority... but the plan says my speeds might be "temporarily" slower during times of congestion.

And, the tower that I use has not been upgraded to handle traffic volumes.  Other nearby regions enjoy AWS Band 66 lte+ but for some reason my neighborhood tower is left in the stone ages.

Simply upgrading the tower would fix the issue, but Verizon chooses to lie and deny congestion is even the issue 90% of the time.

Should I pay for a premium data plan so I can further deprioritize all my friends and neighbors so their internet doesn't work but mine does because I'm a rich a-hole that paid to cut off their service?

0 Likes