Is customer service this terrible at all stores?
ichabod13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have the Galaxy Note 7.  We were told we would have to pay a restocking fee if we exchange the phone after the period for recall exchanges because the store does not know when they will get any replacements in.  That's fine...so we want the Galaxy S7.

We were told we couldn't do the exchange without the box and everything that came in it.  Okay, somehow we still have the box and so we take it back with the phone, box and charger. I figured they didn't want the used/dirty headphones and could just swap out the ones that come with the S7.  Nope, So 2nd trip to the 30 mile away store, waited in line an hour and told they wanted the dirty headphones and would not take them out of the new S7 box "because they did not come with what you got"...

Got several loud sighs when I mentioned we bought the phone online and did not have a paper receipt.  Is every store this bad?  We're about to drive an hour next weekend to a different store that hopefully isn't full of [removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is customer service this terrible at all stores?
ichabod13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: returned phone to store to exchange for S7.  Rep at store never looked in the box and said it wasn't important because it was not a return. She said it was going to Samsung and not Verizon.  She even let me keep the other earbuds too and they tossed in a free screen protector because it took about an hour because the computer system was acting strange. 

I wish every store visit was as pleasant as this one was, and this was during the early morning Iphone launch too. (whoops)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They want everything from the original box. If the phone is eventually sold as refurbished, the items are more than likely cleaned before packaging for sale.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ichabod13 wrote:

Got several loud sighs when I mentioned we bought the phone online and did not have a paper receipt.

Log into your MyVerizon account. The receipt from your online Verizon purchase will be available in your documents & receipts area. Print it out and you have a paper receipt.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They shouldn't be issuing a new Note 7 anyway. The phone has been recalled and you must turn it in. There are no new Note 7s to be used as replacements.

0 Likes
ichabod13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree and that's why I simply suggested removing the headphones from the S7 because it is stupid to bring in dirty ones and give them dirty ones and I take the brand new ones home...because they are the EXACT same earbuds. 

That is like me giving you 1 dollar and then asking for it back and when you give me a dollar I ask for the one back...

0 Likes
ichabod13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what this comment is for. Since there are no new Note 7's available yet, and we were told that we would be billed extra money and have to pay extra fees to exchange out of the window...we would take the S7.

Verizon support is telling me we can swap to the S7 and then back to the Note 7 after they get more at no extra cost. I want as little as possible to do with that store in Salina Kansas, so I think we'll get the S7 and be done with it.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I misread the original post and thought that they were issuing another Note 7. The store is under strict instructions to retrieve everything from the original box. You can't fault them for dong what is required under this recall.

ichabod13
Enthusiast - Level 2

And what is in the S7 for earbuds is exactly the same as what is in the Note. I wouldn't have minded so much if on the first visit when their computers were down, if they would have told us to bring in our dirty, used earbuds too. But the girl working said to bring in the box if we had it, the phone and the charger the next day.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

For future reference, anytime you are returning a device to VZW you should have everything that was in the box. They will even charge you for the booklet.

rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

For future reference, anytime you are returning a device to VZW you should have everything that was in the box. They will even charge you for the booklet.

Of course, I would have thought that falls under common sense, regardless if it is a phone being returned to Verizon or a stereo system being returned to Best Buy.