Re: Is anyone else having extremely slow 4G LTE/JetPack Speeds?
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wish I could turn my 4G off and go with 3G, but you can't on the Galaxy Note 2.   I'm just hosed....stuck with an unusable phone (data-wise) from 8:00am - 6:00pm.

4gsoslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same problem with many of the Droid phones on my account, the network is not functional during business hours as erather said.  Not sure why I'm forking out all of this money to have no data usage whatsoever.  These issues go back to June 21st (and further) and Verizon customer service has the nerve to tell me to reboot my phone and take out my SIM card like it's going to fix it.  News flash Verizon.  I've tried more troubleshooting than any 1 person should have to and the problem is not the device, it's your network!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Erather
The Note 2 should look for a 3G signal when 4G isn't availiable. Let's check the area. What zip code is this in? Does service improve outside?

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
SallyMae

I have a horrible time with speeds.  I'm in Asheville.  I've called customer service.  They even called their engineering team to check the network and said there should be no service issues here.  I sometimes get .5 during the day and often 2 up until around 11pm.  I've been through the new Jetpack and Sim card thing.  Nothing works.  I pay for no real service.  Oddly enough I get upload speeds of up to 7 all the time.  Download speeds are aweful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SallyMae lets get things sped up! We apologize for the issues you're experiencing with the Jetpack but we're here to help! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! Which Jetpack do you have? What zip code do you live in? Are you having trouble at a specific location or everywhere? How long ago did our engineers review the towers in the area?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SallyMae

AshleyS_VZW,

• Jetpack: 890L
  • Zip Code 28801
  • Engineers reviewed towers Dec 2012.
  • I sit outside a lot and work when there are pretty days and I have the same problem inside and outside
  • Speeds have gotten somewhat better.  Fewer .5's but still only around 2-2.5 during business hours M-F and by about 11:30 am Sat and Sun.
  • I live in a neighborhood but it's just around the block from a busy highway with lots of businesses.
  • Problem is location specific - my home.
  • Did the remove sim card thing - no difference
  • Did the reset thing - no difference
  • Did the get a new sim card thing - no difference
  • Jetpack has been replaced once - no difference
  • Speeds are always better after 11pm, then they reach 9-11.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the information SallyMae. I show no issues reported for your area. Have we processed a trouble ticket recently for your issue? We may need process a ticket for this issue?

KInquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
SallyMae

I'm not quite sure I understand what "no issues reported for your area means".  What does it mean exactly?  Every time I say something about the issue that's what I hear - "no issues reported for your area".  Do you mean no other customers are complaining?  Or is this some kind of report you get from your equipment or tests you run?   I could screen shot all of my speed tests every 15 minutes 12 hours a day for a week.  A trouble ticket was processed about 3 months ago for the issue.  Nothing came of it.  I get enough band width to get by during the day and, as I mentioned, it has improved from the consistent .5 - 1.5 I was getting during the day.  Now it's closer to 2-3 but Verizon website says I should be getting 5-12.  I don't hit those speeds until late at night, past 10 or 11pm or so.  I honestly just gave up and decided to do the best I can with what I've got.  When I was in South Carolina, I got 8-10 regularly.  I just decided it maybe has something to do with the geography here in this part of the mountains and atmospheric changes at night but I have no idea.  Two miles down the road at the public library I never have a problem - that's during the day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SallyMae,

Let's take a look at your location. Are you in the mountains? Is there a lot of terrain in your area? Are you near any water? Does this happen all the time Monday-Friday? We want to resolve this for you.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SallyMae

OK, this is odd.  I just got an email saying I got a reply from RobinD_VZW and yet I don't see a reply here.  Sooooooo, if you're there RobinD_VZW, to answer your questions.  Yes, I am in the mountains and there are a LOT of hills in this neighborhood.  If I were to stand in front of my house facing it, the terrain to the back and to the right is elevated above my house and has houses on it.  To the front and to the right things roll downhill gradually but steeply.  I am not near any water.  I get the 2Mbps speeds during the day until around 5 or 6 when they will get to around 5 and after 10pm/11pm they will get to 10-12Mbps.  On the weekend I get good speeds, around 10 Mbps until about 11am/12noon and then the speeds go down to around 2Mbps until around 10 or 11 at night when they go back up to around 10-11Mbps.  

0 Likes