Is Verizon trying to update software on my prepaid phone, a Samusung Gusto. I see it running "connecting" for a long time.
cellcowyo

Is Verizon trying to update software on my prepaid phone, a Samusung Gusto. I see it running "connecting" for a long time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon trying to update software on my prepaid phone, a Samusung Gusto. I see it running "connecting" for a long time.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question. Sounds like your device may be stuck. Have you tried turning your phone off and back on again?

0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon trying to update software on my prepaid phone, a Samusung Gusto. I see it running "connecting" for a long time.
Snn5
Legend

No. Verizon isn't updating that phone. It's just a network sync operation.

0 Likes
cellcowyo

Yes, I turned it off, both times it happened, to stop the "connecting"

running. The other response to my post said it was not Verizon updating

software, as the first screen said before it started trying to connect. I

had never seen that before and was suspicious. I don't know what the

"network sync" mentioned in that post is, but the problem has not happened

again, so I guess its okay.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cellcowyo,

Unknown errors on a device can be alarming. Have a properly functioning phone is important.  Network sync could be the network or an application attempting to sync with our network. Are you using the backup assistant application? I am glad to hear that the error has not happened again, we just want to make sure that this is resolved.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cellcowyo

PamelaF,

As you can tell from the phone I use, I am last century as far a cell

phones. If I am using the backup assistant application it is unintentional.

I use the phone to respond to a few calls and a few texts a month. All I do

know is that it seems to be functioning okay now. Thanks for your attempt

to help. Sorry it is wasted on me.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy to hear that all is working well for  you, cellcowyo. No worries with asking for assistance from us and the community. We are all here to help out whenever you have a question or need assistance!

http://spr.ly/6584Bw4Oa

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes