Is Verizon filtering text messages sent to multiple users?
bombardier

My office uses text messages to communicate office closures due to weather emergencies.  This has worked fine in previous years, but this year the message test did not reach several users.  The apparent connection between the affected users is that they all use Verizon Wireless.  At the suggestion of the messaging app being used, we reduced the amount of users copied on the message down to 20, with no success.  Single-user messages come through just fine.

How can we ensure these important messages reach all of the Verizon Wireless customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon filtering text messages sent to multiple users?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bombardier, we understand that it's imortant that everyone rescieve these important messages, and we'd like to help. You mentioned that it's only Verizon users that aren't receiving these messages, have you noticed any other similarities that might help us? Is it just iPhone users, just Android users or both?

PriscillaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bombardier

This has affected multiple different phones including Apple iPhones, Samsung Galaxies, and Google Pixels.  Users with other carriers that have these phone types were unaffected.

0 Likes
suyakun
Enthusiast - Level 2

If your company uses Remind as our's does, Verizon is purposefully blocking these messages for their users until Remind pays a premium price per message that no other phone company charges. This has forced Remind to stop, at least for the moment, sending texts to clients who are Verizon customers.

0 Likes