Is Verizon everything they always say it is? Is any company really?
wmnewlin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a new Verizon customer after years with other cellular companies.  I stated years ago that Verizon would be the one company I would never join.  Well, never say never.  After being dissatisfied with the other companies for various reasons, this company is one of two I have yet to try.  I will say that if you are unhappy for any reason, they are ways to get satisfaction.  I was hoping that this time I could get satisfaction a little easier without having to circumvent the system.  It hasn't started out too well.  This however may be a good thing.  Time will tell. 

Three of my first four calls were dropped.   Not a good start there.

The new billing cycle started 4 hours after signing the contract.  That four hours cost me more money than the monthly plan all together.

No matter where I am or where I have gone, my signal strength has never been more than 2 bars.

Not a great start to a new program but it can only get better.

The one thing I will say positive however that the new phone, ( Droid Maxx) seems to be one of the best phones I have ever had... fingers crossed.

Labels (1)
Re: Is Verizon everything they always say it is? Is any company really?
Not applicable

I wasn't sure you were making a statement or having a problem.

The bill due a few hours after joining is not uncommon. However I cannot figure out why you have a monthly invoice immediately after joining. The bill closing and start dates always amused me. In a perfect situation your bill start date should be just that. So say you sign up on February 1, 2014 than you bill closing date should be February 28 2014 but since verizon bills in advance you would owe the full month, and the next month of March 2,2014 through April 1,2014. So essentially two months, then taxes and fees so the invoice would be higher the first time.

However that is not the way it seems to work. Verizon chooses a bill closing date which you would start February 14,2014 closing on March 3,2013 so you owe a partial month of service and the March 4,2014 til April 3,2014 so you now have a verizon billing closing and start date nowhere near when you actually sign up for service. Strange I know.

The dropped calls could have many reasons. The service could be on a fringe area, obstructions from the tower, device issues and I am sure many more I cannot think of.

You have 14 days to decide. Go different places and see if the dropped calls persist. It could simply be a faulty device, no matter how much you state you like it.

Good Luck

Re: Is Verizon everything they always say it is? Is any company really?
B33
Legend

Well you got remember signal is based on several factors, Weather conditions, Terrain if you live were it's hilly or flatland, if you have allot of trees and the materials in you Home or Apt. or your Work and if you hold your while calling on it, When i make calls on my Droid I use my B.T. so my phones can get the maximum signal and there not up by my head..

Hope that Helps.. b

0 Likes