Is Verizon blocking my website?
psilentrain1

I can access my website everywhere except Verizon Wireless.

http://jamesmdrakemedia.com

Any techs available to tell me if my IP or domain is blocked, or help me troubleshoot?

IP info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon blocking my website?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer to customer forum, with a few support folks floating in from time to time...

I work extensively with WordPress, took the liberty and ran a scan of your site and it's not blacklisted on any of the major listings.  It came up on my phone just fine using wifi, but if I turned off the wifi and used my 4G data connection, it timed out and wouldn't load the page.  Is that what you mean by being "blocked" by Verizon?

Unfortunately, I'm just a customer and have no access to the inner workings of Verizon's IP blocking stats (if this is what's happening).  I can't do more than confirm that I can't see the site using my 4G Verizon cellular connection, but I can, on the same device, using wifi.

??

psilentrain1

SuzyQ,

Correct. Connected to Wifi via a mobile device it works fine, but across the mobile network, it doesn't. I've run traceroutes via multiple ISPs, and it seems that it times out somewhere in the Verizon network. This has been going on for a few months and I can't seem to find any answers. When I get time I'm going to have to call someone a little higher, because my clients are having trouble accessing their images and I can't get to my email when I'm mobile.

0 Likes
RandoRichard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my e-commerce sites, which are hosted by Shopify. kgear.com and eogear.com are the domains (they both redirect to https://kgear.eogear.com/). I cannot view them when off WiFi and while using my Verizon data.

0 Likes
Mel_812

This IS happening to our website as well FOR MONTHS … I was told by one level 2 Verizon agent after my ticket was “escalated” several times that if we changed web hosting providers “that should fix the problem”….. well, we switched from GoDaddy to Wix as web host, rebuilt our site and still no Verizon customers when using cellular data can access our site…. ONLY when using wi-fi…. And now Verizon reps have closed out another ticket again with no resolution to the problem… I know that this is costing us customers… and not to mention I can’t get high speed  internet at our own home that we run the business from. Sooooo that also means, we can’t access our own website 🤦‍♀️

@verizon_support…. What can we do to get this fixed? Is there a whitelist form or something??? Heeeeeelllllp 

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes