Is There An Accurate Way To Check Data Usage?
Mrwalleye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there an accurate way of checking data on your last day?  I have the 8 gb data plan and try to keep it around 7.9 at the most ... then I get a bill and they claim I exceeded 8 gb.  Not interested in paying 15 bucks for a miniscule amount over 8 but would also like to be able to use as much of the allowed data as possible.  It seems that the useage used to update and the time was on there but I don't see that any more. [Removed] Verizon, I supposedly used 8.021 this past month .... you say you charge $15.00 for every 1 gb over the 8 ...... I didn't use 1 gb, not even close ... I don't mind paying for overages but when you are trying not to go over, using their useage data to monitor it .. and you don't think you have gone over  (7.9)....  kind of a thorn.  Is there another provider that allows one to keep better track?  I only use the service for WIFI on computer.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data overages...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrwalleye, we want you to be able to monitor your data. We appreciate your business and do not want to lose you as a customer. We will provide some information on how to manage your data. Watching your data usage can be a challenge. We have several tools available that will help you manage your data. Follow the link for more information: http://vz.to/2fBDzhf

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Switch to Google Fi then if you only want to pay for the actual data you use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrwalleye, we want you to be able to monitor your data. We appreciate your business and do not want to lose you as a customer. We will provide some information on how to manage your data. Watching your data usage can be a challenge. We have several tools available that will help you manage your data. Follow the link for more information: http://vz.to/2fBDzhf

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes