Iphone 6 on the Edge plan, with 2G data. Is there a charge for using my hotspot to use my computer?
clearlysue

I just got an iPhone 6 on the Edge plan, with 2G of data.  Is there an additional charge to run my computer using my personal hotspot ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 6 on the Edge plan, with 2G data. Is there a charge for using my hotspot to use my computer?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have the More Everything plan your hotspot will be included. Have you tried to turn the hotspot on? What happens? If it's free it should automatically turn on, though I experienced an accidental block on the service and mine was free and just had to call in to unblock it.

Just remember that using it with your computer will still use your 2GB of allotted data and make sure you turn off your computers automatic updates.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6 on the Edge plan, with 2G data. Is there a charge for using my hotspot to use my computer?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have the More Everything plan your hotspot will be included. Have you tried to turn the hotspot on? What happens? If it's free it should automatically turn on, though I experienced an accidental block on the service and mine was free and just had to call in to unblock it.

Just remember that using it with your computer will still use your 2GB of allotted data and make sure you turn off your computers automatic updates.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

With only 2 GB, I do not recommend running your computer off your hotspot except for for short emergency checks.  You will easily use up 2GB with a computer, much faster than on a phone or even tablet. 

0 Likes