International coverage/function problem
djm208

My wife is in Lima, Peru with her iphone 4s.  Verizon said to turn off imessage, turn off data, dial #221 upon arrival, and send text to cell phone number directly not using contacts.  No luck.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International coverage/function problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djm208, we hope that your wife is having a fabulous time in Peru. Has she enabled data roaming on her device in Settings>Cellular>Enable Global Roaming. Did we add the free International Dialing feature to her line to allow access to use her device while internationally traveling? It's imperative that her device was set up for global use before leaving the U.S. Click here for details: http://vz.to/134zbLK

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: International coverage/function problem
djm208

None of these below options were accurately provided to us prior to her departure. She got a message to me that her cell phone was not working and I called Verizon again asking for help. Verizon then added Global Data free of charge indicting that would fix the issue- if she turned her phone off and then on again but we were told “not to activate data” - which again, contradicts this email. That “solution” failed to help. In short, we followed all the directions provided to us by customer service – some advice was contradicted by different customer service agents – and nothing worked. Her international trip will come to a close shortly and she was never able to communicate directly with her family. Bummer.

I’m disappointed I had to wait up to 30-40 minutes on hold each time to get help, only to find the help was not worth waiting for.

0 Likes