International Travel Pass
amazondrone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be in Europe soon, for 10 days, and it looks like Travel Pass is the best option for staying connected. I still have a few questions about this plan, however:

1. I am traveling with 2 other people (also from the U.S., one of which shares a VZW plan with me). Assuming both Verizon customers have International Travel Pass (at $10/day) are there any roaming rates if I text or call them while we're in Europe? The other person has AT&T.

2. I understand that calling a number in the country where we are (e.g., we're in Germany and call a German number) is included in whatever plan I have (which in this case is More Everything). BUT - how are charges made if I am in Germany and I call/text a phone from a 3rd EU country, e.g., an English number?

3. The 2 Verizon phones are 1 Apple and 1 Galaxy. The other (non-Verizon) phone is Apple. The 2 apple folks use iMessage via wifi, and the Galaxy has used WhatsApp to stay in contact with them. Can the 2 Verizon phones use Message+ in the same way as iMessage (MMS, SMS through wifi) and not be affected by Travel Pass?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Travel Pass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I always wanted to go to Europe and visit the countries there, amazondrone. Let’s look at this together.

1) There will not be any roaming rates when using the TravelPass feature in the supported countries. If you use the device in a country that does not support the TravelPass feature, you will be charge the roaming rates. The non-Verizon customer will receive roaming rates if they are not set up with international features from their carrier.

2) The More Everything Plan will include international messaging while traveling outside of the United State. Here is a list of countries http://vz.to/1Y8wzuq that will support international messaging while traveling outside of the United State.

3) If you are planning to use only Message + while connected to WiFi, I recommend to put the phone in airplane mode with WiFi on to ensure that you will not triggered any roaming rates while you are there. If done this way, TravelPass will not be affected.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: International Travel Pass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I always wanted to go to Europe and visit the countries there, amazondrone. Let’s look at this together.

1) There will not be any roaming rates when using the TravelPass feature in the supported countries. If you use the device in a country that does not support the TravelPass feature, you will be charge the roaming rates. The non-Verizon customer will receive roaming rates if they are not set up with international features from their carrier.

2) The More Everything Plan will include international messaging while traveling outside of the United State. Here is a list of countries http://vz.to/1Y8wzuq that will support international messaging while traveling outside of the United State.

3) If you are planning to use only Message + while connected to WiFi, I recommend to put the phone in airplane mode with WiFi on to ensure that you will not triggered any roaming rates while you are there. If done this way, TravelPass will not be affected.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!