International SMS stopped working
jim_slim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently took advantage of the $10.00 a month discount from Verizon without changing my plan.  I had this take affect on my billing cycle (Feb 11th) .  Seems with me doing this my international SMS/texting does not work any longer.  Up to Feb 11th I had no problems texting to Dubai.  I have phoned Verizon support, but up to this point it is still not working.

Has anyone else have this issue after taking advantage of Verizons $10.00 a month discount?  If so, were you able to get it resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International SMS stopped working
jim_slim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update.  Last week my International texting started working.  I want to thank those mysterious ones that made it happen.  Thank you, thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of discount was this? A portion off the data plan? Something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jim_slim
Enthusiast - Level 2

either $10.00 a month discount or get an extra 1GB added to your existing data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jim_slim,

This certainly is concerning. Changing that part of your plan shouldn't be making it difficult to send/receive international SMS. What make/model phone do you have? Was this the only change made around that time?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jim_slim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nokia Lumnia 928, Windows OS.  That was the only change that was made to my account just taking advantage of the $10.00 a month discount.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info jim_slim! I know how important it is to keep in touch with people in Dubai. Does the failed messages only happen to one number? Are you using a different application?  Does any of the other phones on your account work? Please share details.

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
jim_slim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Have tried texting to multiple numbers in Dubai without success.  I have tried SMS texting and through Yahoo Messenger application, with no luck.  I only have one phone on my account that worked until I took advantage of the $10.00 a month discount.

I have verified with my friend in Dubai that there cell provider is Du.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jim_slim,

That is very helpful to know! Do they messages say they sent on your phone? How are we sending the messages through Yahoo Messenger? The reason I ask is that Yahoo Messenger doesn't go over our network, it is sent by Yahoo and would have nothing to do with your account. If that is having issues as well it might suggest that your friends in Dubai may be having issues with receiving messages.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
jim_slim
Enthusiast - Level 2

This still doesn't explain why I cannot text straight SMS message.  I can message them with Yahoo messenger through my PC and the receive with no problems on there phone, plus they can reply using there phone and I receive there message on the laptop.  The issue is with my phone not being able to send or receive messages from Dubai.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow us to get to the bottom of your messaging concerns Jim_slim. When you attempt to send text messages to Dubi are you getting any sort of error messages? I understand this worked up until you made the plan change. Have we verified international messaging capabilities are still set up correctly on your account?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes