Insurance question
Gb755c

I have the WPP on my BB Storm which includes the Asurion insurance and adds an extra year to my warranty.  I've already had to file one claim because I got caught in a sudden downpour while on the way home from school and my phone got soaked despite being in my pocket.  I've had this insurance replacement for about 2 months now and recently it has started acting funny even after buying a case to protect it.  I have to battery pull it frequently and when I try to run the BB desktop to update it it keeps erroring out and the phone does other weird things like seeing the clock in the middle of writing a text message etc.   I understand that there is a 2 claim limit but when I was with AT&T and had the same coverage I was told that it's 2 claims and if the 2nd one happens within 1 year of the first one that you are automatically kicked off the program.  However, one of my other friends who has Verizon told me that she had to file 2 claims on her phone and that they told her it's 2 claims PERIOD then you are uninsurable for 1 year.  Seeing as this would be claim #2 I'm a little nervous about what to do.  Should I just file the claim and takie a chance on the 2nd phone and be without insurance when I can upgrade in 10/10/2010 or should I just use my next set of refunds from next semester and shell out the MSRP for a new phone?  Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance question
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If it's just acting funky and there's no real physical damage you wouldn't even need to go thru insurance. By the way the WPP does not give you the extended warranty. So you'll want to double check on what you're paying for and what it says on your bill. The TEC, Total Equipment Coverage, is what gives you the extended warranty. So if your device is still under warranty you can just call VZW directly and get a warranty exchange. No need to file a claim if it's just malfunctioning and there's no type of damage.

0 Likes
Gb755c

My worry is the fact that the speaker got messed up somehow.  you can still hear sounds but they are very low and distorted with the volume set at full.  It almost sounds like it got broken or something as I can feel air coming from it even at low volumes.  My friend gets upset because I don't respond to her texts or phone calls right away but the fact is that I can't hear it in a noisy environment now.  And I still haven't gotten an answer to the how the 2 claim limit works. 

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I would say the speaker issue you're having is something that's covered under the warranty. Speakers become blown and get distorted and cause cracking, hissing and static all the time. It happens.

As far as the claim limit, once you've hit your two claims in 12 months the insurance gets removed from your account and you won't be able to add insurance again until you purchase a new phone.

0 Likes
Gb755c

Well I guess I will try to take it in for warranty exchange unfortunately that means dealing with the NOT so friendly reps at the corp store here.  And I've seen them be not so nice to one of my friends twice and another friend told me she had a bad experience with them as well.  ugh gag me with a spoon!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

So don't go into a store. You can get a warranty exchange by calling into customer service.

0 Likes