Re: Insane data overage, excessive unexplained usage
bowhunter97
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I read through all these issues that everyone is having with data overages as I'm having also. Verizon is making a boat load of money off us!! I have complained to my local Verizon store just to be told it is my fault , which it isn't,. I have an 8 gig data plan each month, well every month so far it has went over. I was told to check updates and stop auto updates, which I did. Next month  over again went back to local store same runaround, this time make sure shutdown any programs running in background, Next month same thing. It seems to me as you approach the data limit as soon as it goes over by a little the data starts to accelerate.

This is  one dishonest company!!

katericks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Evidently Verizon hasn't lost enough customers to T-Mobile & AT&T yet.

Kate Ricks -- Sent from my iPhone

NifMar

We switched to the new i-phones in July.  I have 4 phones on my plan, didn't change my plan either.  I only have a 4GB data and that has been fine for 2 years on VZ.  The month of August we had $30 in overages, they credited that one because it appeared something goofy had happened.  Then the month of September, one line uses most of the data and again $30 of overages.  Now every other week we are getting text messages about using 75% of our data.  One line over 3GB of data and the other three are using about normal useage.  7 days in to this months plan and we had used 75% of our 4GB of data.... really?  Any insights?  Unfortunately, we live off the beaten path and need to have VZ because they have the best coverage.  Tempting to go to the pay as you go plans.  Again.....It's just one of the phones using all the data and she is swearing she is doing nothing differently.

0 Likes
katericks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try T-Mobile. Put in a booster if you have to. They will pay for your contract cancellation and they have no overage charges. I cannot believe that Verizon is still running this scam.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
emanning99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto. Sitting here enjoying crystal-clear service from T-Mobile plus two

additional lines beyond what I had with VZW, and STILL saving over $140

over month over what VZW was trying to charge me with overages. Go figure.

Also just received my T-Mobile ETF reimbursement MasterCard as promised (A

$1210 card, I might add!). Paying off VZW as we speak!! Buh-Bye, VZW!

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM, katericks <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

You have some interesting points.

jax405daddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having excessive data charges, and they started when we upgraded phones this year. One from an old Droid X to a Samsung S-4 the other from an I-phone 4 to a LG-G3. The data usage has quadrupled since upgrade with nothing else changing. These 2 phones used 4.5 gigs data in 10 days. Before upgrade only used 8 gigs most months. Sudden high usage come on fess up what is going on? I have 5 phones on my plan the others are still using their normal data or less.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jax405daddy Let's take a closer look at the data concerns for you. Based on your post here, the lines switched from 3G smartphones to 4G devices. It is common to notice a spike in data usage when changing devices. What data activities are the phones being used for?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jax405daddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, the only one on are Facebook and Caller name ID and Android OS. This is on the new LG-G3. Yesterday 12/11/2014, all data was turned off and it still consumed 43 mb. The other 3-4G devises in my plan used >.003 and I actually used it on data as this was my phone, a Note 2. 3G to 4G I don't think is the issue. The new phones are using data like crazy and the older phones are still doing the same. When I say older, I refer to Intuition, Note 2 and an I-phone 5. This is day 3 of my cycle and I have already used 1.024g's. I will turn these phones off and find a way to do this less expensively until I'm off the plan or get a buy out. I wouldn't be complaining if there wasn't a problem. Yes these phones are looking at youtube and instagram, and a couple others, but they always did and now with the new phones, sudden increase in charged data usage. This is criminal and insane. These are also my adult childrens phones and I don't have privy to them, and have explained their excessive usage and both are telling me nothing has changed in the way they use their phone. Yes, they can turn it off, but then what is the use of having them if you can't use them. I purchased these in order for the family to stay in contact with each other, and if they have to turn it off to keep from breaking the bank, we don't need this. I will change a few things and it will be going a different route with these phones, plans and providers. I'm making a car payment a month for 5 phones. That's insane too. Oh and by the way, the Droid X was used in place of a broken Droid M that was on the 4G plan, that I was forced to upgrade to. There are too many complaints on line for there not to be a problem.

0 Likes
changingmykarma

I'm having a similar problem-and now-stuck in a 2 year contract. ARG

0 Likes