Inquiry about purchasing a phone through an authorized seller and my account
Shryke0

Since i discovered lastnight that there is no longer email support I was a bit stumped where to ask for assistance.

I was wondering if I had an offer to buy a new phone thru an authorized verizon retailer at  good price would I be able to do so and have it activated as an upgrade to replace my existing phone and what fees would be involved?

I'm aware there would probably be an extension to my contract which is not a problem

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Inquiry about purchasing a phone through an authorized seller and my account
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are eligible to upgrade to a new phone with subsidized pricing, your costs would be the cost of the phone, sales tax (on the phone cost or the retail price of the phone, depending on the tax laws where you live) and a $30 upgrade fee.

If purchasing through an Authorized reseller, be aware of any secondary contracts you may be committing to (no account changes for a specified time, additional ETF if changing or cancelling the account before contract term is up, etc)

You may be required to switch to a Share Everything plan if you are dealing with reseller.  Share Everything may not be the best option for you, depending on your usage, but some retailers do not give you any other options.

If you post back with details of what your phone and plan is now, and what the deal is you are being offered, we might be able to give you more specific advice.

0 Likes
Re: Inquiry about purchasing a phone through an authorized seller and my account
Not applicable

And, you would be signing a new 2-year contract with Verizon.  If you have an unlimited data plan, you will lose it and be switched to 2GB for $30 per month.

0 Likes