Individual account VS Business account
poultryservice

As someone who runs a business and uses Verizon as there support in the field to communicate with employees and business associates. It bothers me when I spend $500-$600+ a month on my phone bill and reap NO benifits, I mean NO BENIFITS when going in for an upgrade on a line. You may get the 20% off accessories. Whoopie... Walmart and DG sell a car charger also, for alot less and works just the same. Another great place to buy stuff from.....EBAY!!!!

It bothers me that an individual that spends a fraction of what I pay can go into Sams Club, Best Buy, Walmart or even Radio Shack and get a slam up deal on a phone, when I on the other hand have to pay 30-40% more for the same phone. For Instance, right now the Samsung Charge 4G phone at my local Verizon Corporate store is $199.99 with a 2yr agreement. Why do I have to pay that when an "individual" account can stroll into Sams Club or Best Buy and walk out with the same phone for $48.88(Sams Club)?????? Than I hear sales associates saying "Well if you buy it from them. If something were to happen to it, you will have to bring it back to them. Well, Until 30 days after the purchase, then it falls on us". Why would you tell a customer that trying to scare them out of a purchase, then give them the exact reason to buy it from somewhere else???

Am I missing something here, or should the people spending thousands of dollars a year with a multi-national corporation get a little benefit also?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Individual account VS Business account
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

poultryservice wrote:

As someone who runs a business and uses Verizon as there support in the field to communicate with employees and business associates. It bothers me when I spend $500-$600+ a month on my phone bill and reap NO benifits, I mean NO BENIFITS when going in for an upgrade on a line. The upgrade price is normally several HUNDRED dollars less than the retail; I would consider that a benefit.  You may get the 20% off accessories. Whoopie... Walmart and DG sell a car charger also, for alot less and works just the same. Another great place to buy stuff from.....EBAY!!!!

It bothers me that an individual that spends a fraction of what I pay can go into Sams Club, Best Buy, Walmart or even Radio Shack and get a slam up deal on a phone, when I on the other hand have to pay 30-40% more for the same phone. For Instance, right now the Samsung Charge 4G phone at my local Verizon Corporate store is $199.99 with a 2yr agreement. Why do I have to pay that when an "individual" account can stroll into Sams Club or Best Buy and walk out with the same phone for $48.88(Sams Club)?????? Than I hear sales associates saying "Well if you buy it from them. If something were to happen to it, you will have to bring it back to them. Well, Until 30 days after the purchase, then it falls on us". Why would you tell a customer that trying to scare them out of a purchase, then give them the exact reason to buy it from somewhere else???

Am I missing something here, or should the people spending thousands of dollars a year with a multi-national corporation get a little benefit also?

Verizon business accounts (as I understand it, since I have a regular, everyday family plan) have many more options and services than are available to individuals or those on a family plan, specifically tailored to meet the needs of a BUSINESS. 

Since Best Buy and Sam's Club and other discount houses don't deal with Verizon business accounts, and your "multi-national" corporation obviously needs a business account, then you must deal with Verizon corporate if you choose Verizon service.  You are getting a substantial discount on new phones.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sams and BB can not deal with business accounts. Also to get a new device from a 3rd party retailer in many cases results in a 2nd contract. As needs change with a business changes have to occur, to do that with other stores would result in major fees.

0 Likes
poultryservice

SuzyQ.

Maybe you should actually go into the store and check the prices out for yourself. EVERYONE pays the same amount for a phone with a 2yr agreement. Im not speaking of the retail price of the phone to buy it outright.. I said to upgrade the line.... And maybe you should understand what your reading. I never said I was the one with a multi-national company... I was referring to Verizon.

Budbone.

I have went into Sams Club before and purchased new Droids when the first version came out.. The Verizon store wanted $199 or $299 a piece, plus change of the plan to get the data plan added. Plus whatever else they charged you for stepping in the door.

I then went to Sams and noticed the phone considerably cheaper. So I went forth and purchased the phones there. How they upgraded the lines, I can only answer with what I was told last trip to Sams Club. "Sams Club now owns and operates its cellular device centers within the store. They do not handle business account nor make changes to them or add equipment. Before, the center was operated independently with Radio Shack."

If having to sign an extra contract, which stipulates the same exact one I am renewing with Verizon anyway. Why not? If its gonna save me money upfront for the purchase of the phone and my bill not fluctuate through the year because my plan never changed only the device. Ill take that chance.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sheez, ya ask a question, you get responses and get an attitude???

SuzyQ addressed what you were asking about as I did.

As for the 2nd contract many 3rd party resellers have another contract in which if you take the phone you purchased and lower the plan, move the phone to another line or cancel the line within 181 days of getting the phone, you will pay an ETF of up to $400 and you will still have your contract with VZW to complete.

Good luck with your issue

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

poultryservice wrote:

SuzyQ.

Maybe you should actually go into the store and check the prices out for yourself. EVERYONE pays the same amount for a phone with a 2yr agreement. Im not speaking of the retail price of the phone to buy it outright.. I said to upgrade the line You pay the upgrade price only if you are eligible for an upgrade - NOT EVERYONE is able to get that price, only new customers, and those who have an established account with Verizon and have maintained it for 20 months ("loyal customers").   I still contend that the discounted upgrade price is a benefit; you are free to disagree.

.... And maybe you should understand what your reading. I never said I was the one with a multi-national company... I was referring to Verizon. I'm sorry I misunderstood which business (yours or Verizon) you referred to in your ambiguous statement. 

If your business needs 5 lines or less on a single account, then perhaps a family plan and the option to buy your phones at other retailers may be a better fit.

If your business is large enough to need more than 5 lines, but the total business package is not ideal, then look into 2 family plans billed to one account...up to 10 lines, and it may save you on the upgrades if you can get them at other retailers and the secondary contract and ETF is doable for you / your business.

If you  need more than 10 lines, then a full business plan and options will likely be the best option.  Yes, the upgrades may cost more through corporate than through a third party retailer, but if you need the other business options and flexibility that goes along with the business plans, then that's what you need.

You can always look into other carriers' business plans and compare costs (which, if I was shopping for business phones, I would definitely do).

To echo budone - Good luck!

0 Likes