Increasing spam text and calls
FCLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is Verizon doing to stop scam text and calls?!

Yesterday my phone rang every 7 minutes for more than an hour from with the same fraudulent Apple iCloud scammers (each time with a new variation of the same WA DC area number) and the Verizon call filter app didn’t do anything. Additionally I received within the same day several phony texts. 

Why can’t we have some basic call protection in the form of rules to send unrecognizable numbers straight to voicemail or something? Maybe that’s an Apple feature, but Verizon needs to do something because receiving more fraud calls than legit calls is awful customer service 

Re: Increasing spam text and calls
BlahBlahSpammedOn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with even a corporate account, getting the company to switch to another provider due to the massive increase in spam esp during Covid, compared to other cellular providers. Verizon is not proactive at all in this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your text and calls is vital, especially if there is an increase in spam. The last thing we want is for you or your company to switch. We want to guide you in the right direction. Since this is a corporate service, please contact our Business Team through any of the numbers on this link: https://www.verizon.com/business/. They will aid you in the best way possible.

0 Likes
BlahBlahSpammedOn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh joy, the amount decreased from 10+ spam sms messages a day to 1-3. Come on Verizon, does anyone even look at forwarded 7726 messages, I must have sent hundreds by now. This month end can't get here fast enough, buh-bye Verizon.

0 Likes