Increase of 20% in bill
ritagilson

My bill just went up $20 per month without any notification because I have an unlimited data plan. That is just so unacceptable. Verizon sends me texts about my account all the time. But they couldn't tell me about this in advance? When I went on chat the agent would not fix it nor allow me to speak to someone higher up to resolve it. My data usage is not even high-I use less than 3GB- I cant believe this company won't give me an adjustment- but is charging me $49.99 for less than 3GB data.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Increase of 20% in bill
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change your plan at any time. Unlimited at $29.99 is a bargain, when you look at every other company's (including Verizon) tiered data prices  Even at $50, it may be worth it to keep the unlimited depending on your usage.

If you use less than 3GB a month, then the $50 for unlimited isn't the best deal for you.  You can get 3 GB for $45, and since you still have unlimited I am assuming you are off contract, so your line access would be $20.  $65 for unlimited minutes and text, and 3 GB data - is that better than what you have now?  If it is, it makes sense to switch.

0 Likes
Redrocks428

My problem is that Verizon wants to charge me $40 for access of my single line AND. the cost of whichever data plan I choose.  So, not only do I lose my unlimited data plan but am being charged $20 extra because I bought a discounted phone from Best Buyas I was due an upgrade and there is also the one time fee of $40 too, and a new two year contract which if I go with 3 gb will be $85, $35 more than I'm paying now!!!!

I could sell the new phone but then I'm stuck with Verizon for 2 years, which after their behavior is not an option I want to consider

0 Likes
emerald_eyez
Contributor - Level 1

When is your contract up?  If it's close, the Verizon Plan might be a better choice since the line accesses are only $20 once you are out of contract. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Redrocks428

SO if you have an unlimited plan you have been buying phones at full cost anyway.  Why change now?

Look at ATT and T-mobile.   All the carriers want you to pay full price for the phone.  No matter what carrier you pick you have to calculate your best price based on data and the purchase of a cell phone.

I Close to pay for service only.  I buy 6-13 month old phones off eBay which are half retail cost.  (Recently got a mint Note 4 for $380).  i stayed on the More everything plan, so my line is $15 with my large family data pool.

WHy and how are you on a contract?  You should have been moved onto the Verizon plan with device payments.

Redrocks428

I got an email from the person asking for my password to my billing, I'm

assuming that this person is a scammer

jive-1737617740-3l275-1swlb2-1kaa@verizonwireless.hosted.jivesoftware.com

0 Likes
Redrocks428

I was going to save money monthly based on the $20 access AND $45 data fee

but now it's $40 access

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you only use 3gigs of data you are better off under a tiered plan for Verizon. I would call and notify them that you were not notified. They will likely offer you a 1 time courtesy credit. I would then wait until my bill cycle ends and find the best tiered plan. ONLY IF IT SAVES YOU MONEY PER MONTH. Ask for all details of the new plan. Asked that you account be notated and make sure they send you some formal document with all charges written out. You definitely want documentation.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Redrocks428

IT is $40 access fee because you didn't use the device payment plan to buy your phone.

SInce you have been on an unlimited plan and missed the changes in carriers in the past 3 years

-  All carriers are requiring customers pay full price for their phones, one way or another.  If you add your initial payment to the extra $480 you will pay over 2 years, you should be close to the retail price of the phone you bought.

HAd you stayed on the unlimited plan, you would still have to pay full price for your phone.  Either full retail or device payment plan. 

So, you got a lower service price and a new phone included.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's $20.00 if you have the device payment plan on your bill. I think it's $40 if you get a phone for the discounted price i.e. $200. It's just a way for them to make you think you are getting a discounted phone. But you really are not. You are paying for the phone over time with a big payment upfront. It's pretty much a down payment on the phone.

0 Likes