Incorrect data usage
rsp2000

Yesterday I get an alert that I'm at 50% of my data usage (that's fine, since I'm half way through the billing month). One day later, I'm at 75%. Looking at my bill, this 1/4 of a month's worth of data usage took place while I was sitting at a concert. Trying to navigate through the customer service menus at *611 is impossible - anyone have another contact option that could help me figure out what's up??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incorrect data usage
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

data usage amounts are delayed by 1-3 days

0 Likes
rsp2000

I'm looking at a data usage list that says it all took place on 9/19/12.

0 Likes
Kfan001

I got the same error, 9/19/12 is the last day of my billing cycle...just got my new phone in yesterday.

In a 3 hour window in which the phone was charging, (not being used at all) I got  warning message that I was at 50% data usage and then a message that I exceeded my data usage...after checking my account online it said I had used over 5000GB of data...

So yeah, obviously something is messed up on their end...unless my phone has a mind of its own...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Kfan001 wrote:

I got the same error, 9/19/12 is the last day of my billing cycle...just got my new phone in yesterday.

In a 3 hour window in which the phone was charging, (not being used at all) I got  warning message that I was at 50% data usage and then a message that I exceeded my data usage...after checking my account online it said I had used over 5000GB of data...

So yeah, obviously something is messed up on their end...unless my phone has a mind of its own...

Was the phone powered up while charging?

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

I think he is joking about 5000GB. I don't think you can even use that much in a day with LTE.

That and I heard when you hit a 1TB it reset's to 0.

0 Likes
Kfan001

Not sure what the actual number was...but I am pretty sure it was in the 5000 range...

Yeah, the number was that ridiculous ...honestly not worried about it till I see next months bill....

unfortunately I cant view the last 30 days of usage either to verify as my new month just started

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

If they really try to bill you for 5TB of data in one day, then I think you should be calling right away if you don't have unlimited.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Kfan001 wrote:

Not sure what the actual number was...but I am pretty sure it was in the 5000 range...

Yeah, the number was that ridiculous ...honestly not worried about it till I see next months bill....

unfortunately I cant view the last 30 days of usage either to verify as my new month just started

Since you are not sure what the actual number was, maybe you are also not quite sure which unit was highlighted under your amount. When you check online, there are 3 units under your usage amount. Only one of them is active, and you can toggle among the 3 units. Each time you click on one, the data usage value will change in your usage amount to reflect the usage in the type of unit which you select.

0 Likes