Incorrect Plan Quotes. What will Verizon do???
Gregoryd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone, and Verizon,

I recently went into my local verizon store, and requested some information on getting new phones and a new plan. The salesmen looked over my current plan and then gave me some options that he felt met my needs. I was on the Nationwide Talk and Text plan with unlimted data. The plan he quoted me was a shared plan with unlimted talk and text with an add-on for 4gigs a month data package. I then asked him what it would cost me just for the plan each month, and he stated that it will be the same or a little less. I told him I would like to do that but they did not have the phone my wife wanted in stock. We then ordered my wife's phone, and they said they would call me when it came in. After a few weeks of waiting I called another Verizon store in my area and they said it was in stock, so at this point we were pretty frustrated to say the least. We decided to go to the location that had our phone in stock and change our plan, and because I wanted to make sure about the plan pricing I had the associate go over it all again. She stated the same thing as the previous guy, that it would be the same or less a month. Needless to say when I got my new bill I noticed a $30 price increase on the plan, so I called customer support to try to understand what the difference was. The customer rep and I went over the old plan and the new plan line by line and found the descrepancy between what was qouted and what I was being charged. After going through some options, I decided to request to be reverted to my old plan. The customer service rep stated that because it was 14 days past my plan change date that she would have to put in a special request to have it changed and it would have to be aproved. She also stated that it would take up to two weeks, so I asked to get an update prior to my bill being due so I will know what to pay. Once again I was let down, and I did not recieve a call. I called customer service again to get an update on my request, and the customer service rep stated that there was never a ticket put in for my request. I am now on my secon two week waiting period for an answer.

Sorry for the long story, but there are details that a Verizon employee could verify to ensure I am telling the truth.

There are a few things I learned that I wanted to bring to light.

1. The sales accoiates at the stores are payed by how many plans they sell (or change) and the accessories they sell, so make sure you understand the facts not the sales pitch they give you.

2. Customer Service says that most of their complaints are about mis quotes.

3. Getting Verizon to match what a sales accoiate quotes is next to impossible.

The second thing I want to come out of this post is for Verizon to step up to the plate when their employee quotes a plan incorrectly, and fix the problem.

Labels (1)
Re: Incorrect Plan Quotes. What will Verizon do???
Not applicable

Gregoryd1 wrote:

There are a few things I learned that I wanted to bring to light.

1. The sales accoiates at the stores are payed by how many plans they sell (or change) and the accessories they sell, so make sure you understand the facts not the sales pitch they give you.

2. Customer Service says that most of their complaints are about mis quotes.

3. Getting Verizon to match what a sales accoiate quotes is next to impossible.

The second thing I want to come out of this post is for Verizon to step up to the plate when their employee quotes a plan incorrectly, and fix the problem.

OK first #1 is really a "no duh" from me. I assumed it was common knowledge these guys get paid commission so you need to take their "advice" with a huge grain of salt.

Secondly It's kind of your fault for accepting an "about the same" answer. That would never fly with me. A simple "show me the total cost of both plans" would have shown you the difference. If the rep refused to do that, WALK OUT.

Thirdly Share Everything plans an be ordered online. So you could have pretended to order the Share Everything plan and gotten the total for the plan sans taxes and then backed out of the order process at the end. then you would have known the cost.

No offense but to many consumers don't take the time to educate themselves then blame everyone BUT themselves when things go wrong.

rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Lastly, never expect to receive a call back from Verizon unless there  is a blue moon that month.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gregoryd1,

I don't want misinformation to be provided to our customers through any venue of our company. I ask that you please follow me (MariaC_VZW) and send a direct message with your contact details so I can review the account for you. Due to not having the exact old plan details, I can't tell how much the price quote difference would be.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gregoryd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this you Twitter acount? Verizon Community? Facebook?

I couldn't find MariaC_VZW on Twitter.

Thanks,

Greg G.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is her Community profile link.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

rall_g4 wrote:

Lastly, never expect to receive a call back from Verizon unless there  is a blue moon that month.

And in those months, still unlikely

FRIX57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been given a series of incorrect plan quotes - initially over the phone, then in a chat, then phone, then in a store, then chat again ( a total of at least 12 contacts). It got so bad that in order to be sure my hearing wasn't the problem - I finally got a written quote emailed to me.  I then started a chat where the chat associate fine-tuned the quote (3 tries), and emailed them all to me.  The written chat further explained certain details in writing, in the chat. I then lost the chat connection before I was able to enable the sale - phones and plans.  I immediately started a new chat to close the sale.  The associate I got to close the (written) quote with written chat details, told me that both the quote and the written chat details were wrong and that it would have to be finalized for a different cost and different terms.

I insisted I be given the opportunity to talk to a supervisor. I was emailed a telephone appointment where I would be phoned by the Verizon supervisor between 9  and 9:30 am. I was not called and when I called in myself to find out what had gone wrong, the next associate insisted on the opportunity to change my mind before allowing me to talk to a supervisor.  Even though I was told I could talk to a supervisor in two minutes, after an hour of allowing another associate explain yet another deal that I had no confidence in, I insisted that a supervisor phone me back.  I asked for another email confirmation and was told they would not do that. I was promised that a supervisor would call this afternoon.

I then went into my verizon quotes and found that all 3 quotes, particularly the one best suited to me, all less than 24 hours old, had been deleted by verizon.

As verizon had made me very wary after all this misinformation, I am very glad that I saved copies of the last quote and the chat.

I have been a customer for 24 years and have come to get comfortable with the fact that verizon charged higher prices than everyone else.  I was willing to pay it for the great customer service they used to have.  Over the last dozen years of declining customer service, I have been willing to put up with them because I had been a customer for so long.  My wife also a customer for about 22 years, 3 lines,  6 devices recently got so fed up over the lack of customer service that she switched to another carrier. Verizon customer service finally destroyed her loyalty.

Who out there believes a supervisor will actually follow through and phone me ?

0 Likes
FRIX57
Enthusiast - Level 2

My experience is that many of the verizon associates will :

1. Tell you anything to get to buy or sign.

2. Misquote information because verizon does not give them accurate information.  I have found clearly conflicting information on their pages. Why should the pages they read be any more accurate than the pages they post publicly.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes