Incorrect ANI Sent to 800 Number
harryhoudini66

Hello,

I help with administering the phone system 800 number at work and have been having issues in which the incorrect ANI is being sent by Verizon for some (not all) callers. This has been confirmed as not being a spoofing situation. If needed, I can provide dates, times and phone numbers.

Basically unbeknownst to them, some Verizon callers display [removed] instead of their real phone number when they call in. This results in us being unable to automatically route their calls using their phone number. How can we get this corrected without having to bother our mutual customers into opening tickets? It is my understanding that carriers must transmit a valid phone number when sending calls to an 800 number or emergency services.

This same thing happened with Sprint a couple months ago. They also had a few (not all) of their callers display a generic Sprint number rather than their true number. After convincing them it was not a spoofing situation and getting to the right area, they determined the cause to be a routing issue at the carrier level. Initally I thought all the affected were users of wifi calling or callerid blocking. Since they fixed it, it has not occurred.

I just need to be able to get to someone here at Verizon that can fix the issue for these affected Verizon customers. Calling the contact center for assistance is a struggle each time as its hard to get someone to listen and not assume its a spoofing situation or insisting that a ticket be open for each affected caller.

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incorrect ANI Sent to 800 Number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

harryhoudini66, We're sorry to hear about your phone issues, we're here to help. Are you using our One Talk wireless desk phone or our landline service?

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Incorrect ANI Sent to 800 Number
harryhoudini66

Neither. Also the phone number removed in the post is a none functioning number that is used for routing. It cannot accept incoming calls.

Please review my post again and let me know what is needed. Again, the issue relates to Verizon customers transmitting the incorrect phone number when dialing an 800 number.

0 Likes