Re: Incompetent or Liars?
pollyb
Enthusiast - Level 1

FRUSTRATED!! Was told my phone was FREE....it will "cost you nothing"....now charged $481.00 on VISA. This was supposed to be a free upgrade.......  online sales and chat review dept

supposedly cannot be retrieved by customer no-service dept. to verify this online conversation.  Was promised a callback this AM at 10AM by a "Monique".   Still waiting....do you all think I should just proceed w/ a chargeback on my VISA, and buy out my remaing contract? Totally deceptive practices happening at this huge monopoly....anyone know of a name in corporate?

melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

i dont even think the package these phones come in would fit in a PO box....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Although that would not matter as items which do not fit in a PO Box are held behind the desk at the Post Office.

melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

not if the shipper doesnt ship to PO boxes

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Huh???

Are you trying to say that the Post Office would refuse to hold an oversize item it does not receive????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

melvindeville wrote:

not if the shipper doesnt ship to PO boxes

rcschnoor wrote:

Huh???

Are you trying to say that the Post Office would refuse to hold an oversize item it does not receive????

UPS and FedEx ship to physical address locations and won't deliver to a PO Box address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

B33
Legend

That is very True .. yabba dabba Doo...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I realize that, however I was responding to a post stating

"i don't even think the package these phones come in would fit in a PO box...."

It is not the size that matters, the USPS accepts packages sent thru the mail. Anything oversize they hold behind the desk and leave a slip in the PO Box. They won't, however, place something in a person's PO Box from someone who just happens to drop it off at the Post Office UNLESS the correct postage is on the item in question.

I can't give a letter to the person behind the USPS counter and ask them to put it in X person's PO Box UNLESS I attach the appropriate postage. With this in mind, the UPS and FedEx delivery people are in the same boat and would have to attatch the appropriate postage to any package they deliver to a PO Box. THIS is why they don't ship to PO Boxes, not necessarily because of the size of the package.

UPS and FedEx deliver to "boxes" all the time at establishments such as the UPS Store and Mail Boxes ETC where the "boxes" are no larger than your average PO Box. These establishments, however, do not require postage to actually be on the items placed in the box.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, considering this train of thought was introduced by girls2 when they were trying to get a package shipped via FedEx to a PO Box or the Post Office where the PO Box was located, I was responding to that situation.

The UPS store and Mail Boxes Etc probably use a physical USPS standard address with a box number for each of the mail boxes they rent out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

At post offices, if a signature is not needed on a package, there are LARGE boxes usually in a corner of the post office for those packages. There is a key left in your PO Box to open the larger box to retrieve the package.

And FedEx and UPS do partner with the USPS now on specific types of packages. However If sent over night or 2nd day overnight, the Post Office Box address can not be used.