Incompetent or Liars?
stage4survivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

CSR Jeff approves 6 day early upgrade for dead phone approx 2:30PM

Go to corporate Kiosk, can't be done there but, CSR Danielle sends me to large corporate store stating upgrade is approved and on file

Corporate manager says no early upgrade and CSR Jamie agrees.

That's it for me, after their handling of Sandy problems and now this, AT&T can't be any worse.

I have documented everything since the Sandy debacle and they'll play hell getting any early cancellation fee.

Labels (1)
Re: Incompetent or Liars?
spamuback
Enthusiast - Level 3

With a company so large - you'll find some of each - some great knowledgeable people, some incompetent idiots that guess at an answer or were improperly trained, and some that are outright liars in the sales department that will tell you anything you want to hear to make a sale, push an upgrade, or get you off the phone because it's two minutes till lunch time. Roll the dice and hope to hit what you need at the lowest level - or ask to speak to a supervisor or someone from the customer retention department and you'll have a better chance of speaking to someone that knows how to use toilet paper without reading the instructions. Good luck - hope you get that new phone. Smiley Happy

girls2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been totally displeased. They couldn't send my new phone to a PO box but only to a physical address. I don't get mail at my physical address. So they wanted the physical address of my Post Office where I get my mail. They can send my mail to my P O Box but not my phone?? Got there today, no phone. Looked up my shipping status & they said Fed Ex would deliver it by 7 PM! The Post Office is closed. I trolled the neighborhood, just happened to run up on the Fed Ex man & he had my phone. Thank you Fed Ex. >Comment removed to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Not applicable

stage4survivor wrote:

I have documented everything since the Sandy debacle and they'll play hell getting any early cancellation fee.

Actually Verizon has gotten praise for the way they've handle Sandy. Go ahead and not pay your ETF it will go on your credit report.

Not applicable

girls2 wrote:

I've been totally displeased. They couldn't send my new phone to a PO box but only to a physical address. I don't get mail at my physical address. So they wanted the physical address of my Post Office where I get my mail. They can send my mail to my P O Box but not my phone?? Got there today, no phone. Looked up my shipping status & they said Fed Ex would deliver it by 7 PM! The Post Office is closed. I trolled the neighborhood, just happened to run up on the Fed Ex man & he had my phone. Thank you Fed Ex.

Did it occur to you that you not being able to get the phone in your PO BOX was the fault of the POST OFFICE?

stage4survivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

B68,

>Comment deleted< Exactly WHO praised them for the Sandy debacle? No one I know. I think my attorney can handle the issue of ETFs, the plan was already developed after Sandy.

Lying to it's customers seems to be company policy...SOP. Classic case of corporate arrogance

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

Doesn't look like a Verizon problem to me, possibly just a bunch of misinformed reps.

stage4survivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are many other venues where the truth about VZW can be exposed, particularly the reprehensible conduct of it's customer service workers.

The asst manager of the Massapequa Corporate store should be terminated for unabashed lies.

Have no fear Mr/Ms moderator, the truth will get out, you can't censor everywhere

Not applicable

If you think Verizon is so corrupt here's an idea, find another carrier. Why would you want to still do business with a company that you feel is corrupt?

rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

A few out there may consider Verizon having misinformed reps a Verizon problem.