In June 2014 I purchased a Samsung flip phone for my children to use. I physically went into the Greeley, CO Verizon store and explained to the staff what I wanted. I have my children for a couple of months at a time and wanted them to have a phone to b
MsRaysor

In June 2014 I purchased a Samsung flip phone for my children to use.  I physically went into the Greeley, CO Verizon store and explained to the staff what I wanted.  I have my children for a couple of months at a time and wanted them to have a phone to be able to reach me when I am at work as I do not have a land line. I required a phone that I could de-activate and re-activate as needed based on my parenting schedule.  This also meant I needed to be able to have the phone switch from a post-paid plan to a prepaid or pay as you go plan.  This was all clearly explained to the associate who assisted me, and he helped me pick a phone he said would meet that goal.  I then paid full price of $200 to ensure I would not be in a contract, specifically because of my planned usage of this phone.  At the time, I put the phone on a post-paid plan.  When I saw that the usage was extremely low, I deactivated the phone and once again confirmed that I would be able to re-activate it on a prepaid or pay as you go plan when it was needed again.  Yesterday I attempted to activate the line and received a notification online that the phone was not valid. I used the chat function online this morning to see if I could resolve the issue.  When unable to do so online, I called to try to rectify the situation.  I am now being told that the phone – a Verizon phone purchased at a Verizon store – is not compatible with Verizon’s system.  I was told I will need to replace the phone at my expense.  This is not an acceptable answer, and is contrary to what I was told all along.  The phone clearly is compatible with Verizon’s systems and as it is less than a year old, I have trouble believing it is obsolete.  There are two acceptable scenarios to correct this situation. First, Verizon can find a way to re-activate my phone to enable me to use a pay as you go plan.  This is the simplest and most fair solution.  The alternative is that Verizon provide, at no charge to me, a new phone that is compatible with its current systems.  I
do not have a preference for either solution, I simply want the situation resolved as quickly as possible.  Please contact me in writing within 72 hours with a resolution to this matter.  This is a time sensitive issue as the point is for my children to have access to me during the summer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: In June 2014 I purchased a Samsung flip phone for my children to use.  I physically went into the Greeley, CO Verizon store and explained to the staff what I wanted.  I have my children for a couple of months at a time and wanted them to have a phone
Snn5
Legend

To correspond via mail, you will need to initiate the sequence:

Verizon Wireless

ATTN: Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

0 Likes