Important Insurance Message!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ
sherryltx

New phone purchases BEWARE! Last July I purchased a new Alias2 for my daughter and as always opted for insurance also. Months later the phone is damaged. When I went to make a claim I was informed that there was not insurance on the phone. Well I thought  I added insurance. I checked my bills and much to my dismay I had not been charged at all for it. So I chalked this one up to an oversight on my part and ate the cost of the new phone for her. In November I order new phones for both my kids and made SURE that insurance was purchased at the same time. (Don't want to make that mistake again). Check my first bill to make sure AGAIN that insurance was in fact purchased. Guess what! No insurance charges on one of the phones. I call Verizon to inquire about this matter and when they check the order I am told that no insurance was purchased when the order was made. Keep in mind that it has to be purchased within thirty days and it is now past that point. Because of my past experience I made sure that I kept my sales confirmation email. Guess what? I did purchase the insurance and have a hard copy record of it. They apologized and made the correction. Makes me wonder if I had ordered the insurance on my daughter's first phone also and it wasn't MY MISTAKE. You know the term once bitten twice shy. Don't wait until you get the bill to check it out it may be past the thirty days. Call immediately and confirm that the insurance you want has been processed and you are being billed for it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Important Insurance Message!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

I've seen this happen a lot. The problem is that even if Verizon puts the insurance feature on the account, Asurion (the insurance company) can still deny the claim because the feature wasn't added at the appropriate time. Usually this needs to be handled as a joint effort between Verizon and Asurion, where Verizon faxes proof that the feature was added at the correct time to Asurion, who then approves the insurance coverage.

0 Likes
Owie

That exact same thing happened to me last Summer as well!  You would think they would try a tad harder to make sure they get the orders strait...but then again, if you don't have insurance, you must buy a  new phone from them...hmmm......they seem to find as many ways to steal your money that they can...be it this particular scheme or by charging you for data you never downloaded.

0 Likes
arichard21

Owie wrote:

That exact same thing happened to me last Summer as well!  You would think they would try a tad harder to make sure they get the orders strait...but then again, if you don't have insurance, you must buy a  new phone from them...hmmm......they seem to find as many ways to steal your money that they can...be it this particular scheme or by charging you for data you never downloaded.

you dont HAVE to buy a new phone from them. ebay, craigslist, etc.

0 Likes