If someone else on my account changes their plan, can I still keep unlimited data?
Adman88

I am currently in a month to month Nationwide Talk and Text shared plan. My phone still has the unlimited data plan and the other two phones are 9.99/month phones with no data. The two people without data are switching plans so they can get data. Will this require me to change my plan and lose my unlimited data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited data in family plan
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on what you mean by them "switching plans so they can get data".  If you mean they are adding a data plan to their lines (i.e., 2 GB for $30), then no, your data plan isn't affected.  If you mean they are leaving your plan and getting their own plan(s), I don't think that affects your plan.  But if you aren't the Account Owner and the Account Owner has decided to switch to the More Everything plan, then yes, you will lose your unlimited data and will share whatever data 'bucket' the Account Owner has signed up for with the other two lines ... the reason is that all lines in the account have to be on the same plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data in family plan
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on what you mean by them "switching plans so they can get data".  If you mean they are adding a data plan to their lines (i.e., 2 GB for $30), then no, your data plan isn't affected.  If you mean they are leaving your plan and getting their own plan(s), I don't think that affects your plan.  But if you aren't the Account Owner and the Account Owner has decided to switch to the More Everything plan, then yes, you will lose your unlimited data and will share whatever data 'bucket' the Account Owner has signed up for with the other two lines ... the reason is that all lines in the account have to be on the same plan.

0 Likes