If my neighbor chooses "manage my network extender" and adds phone numbers, will this prevent my phone from locking on to his extender?
FlywithHarv
Enthusiast - Level 3

If my neighbor chooses "manage my network extender"and adds phone numbers, as opposed to leaving it open, will this prevent my phone from locking on to his network extender ? I do not want my phone to lock on to his extender, and was told by tech that if he chooses that option, it will prevent my phone from locking on to his extender...and I have been told by another tech that it makes no difference..my phone will still lock on to his..I have my own extender, but drive within 10 feet of his when entering my garage...my phone locks on to his, and not mine....HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If my neighbor chooses "manage my network extender" and adds phone numbers, will this prevent my phone from locking on to his extender?
Snn5
Legend

You cannot prevent phones from connecting to extenders.  You might ask the neighbor to call Verizon to have the signal weakened and yours strengthened, but then they will have the same issue you have.

0 Likes
Re: If my neighbor chooses "manage my network extender" and adds phone numbers, will this prevent my phone from locking on to his extender?
FlywithHarv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply ! Iv'e been a Verizon customer for many years, and have never taken advantage of this form of communication...now that I know that it works well, I will use it again..Thank  you once again for getting back to me...