Re: If i switch to the verizon plan do i still get the $25 credit for each phone upgrade?
cookswv

I see nothing, no options etc to apply discounts

0 Likes
Re: If i switch to the verizon plan do i still get the $25 credit for each phone upgrade?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Bummer. I could have sworn basic phones were only $20 on the More Everything plan. You could get on Chat with them just to verify. Too many numbers, plans etc for me to remember for certain.

Are the 2 other smartphones still on a 2 year contract?

0 Likes
cookswv

All of our phones are out of contract, except my husband and I did upgrade a few short months ago under the Edge program. So two are under the Edge and the other 3 are out of contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have a feeling you will like the way the Verizon Plan works, cookswv.

This plan will automatically  charge you $20.00 for the smartphone line access fee.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Then you should be getting a discount on the 3 lines out of contract. I haven't had to manually apply a discount since they revamped the web pages, but the directions I gave you was how it was done before. Though I do remember the discounts were hard to spot, they put them at the top in a banner like manner.

I would get on chat with a Verizon app and tell them you'd like the month2month discount applied to the lines out of contract.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're able to get those discounts applied your bill would look something like this:

$80

$15

$15

$15

$15

$20

$65 (Edge Payments though I am just guessing on what you pay now)

+tax and fees

$225

On the new plan your bill would look something like this:

$80 (+2GB of data)

$20

$20

$20

$20

$20

$65 (Edge payments though again I am just guessing)

+ tax and fees

$245

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometimes, but not all the time, when a line of service falls out of contract on the more everything plan the customer must call in and ask if the Month to Month line access discount has been applied. if it has not then the representative that you speak to would be able to apply it on the spot, if it has been applied then at least you have confirmed it and it will be reflected on your next billing cycle. please keep in mind that the discount very's from account to account based on the level of service you have. Ex. more everything with 4GB or less- LAC $40 - $15 discount = $25// more everything with 6GB or more- LAC $40 - $25 = $15. and this is only for lines of service that are completely out of contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know saving money is important, cookswv. Thansk for giving the steps a try to find the discount option. The More Everything plan did include a $30 line access for basic phones but there is a $10 line access discount. To be sure you're not already receiving it (which may account for why you didn't see the option to add it through the steps provided) please log into My Verizon and select the option to view your most recent bill in printable form. From there, scroll to the line for your basic service and see if under Monthly Access there's a $30 charge and $10 credit. While you're there, you can also check each smartphone line for the discount. The $25 discount is for smartphone lines only with a More Everything plan 6GB or higher who are either on a month-to-month agreement or on the device payment plan.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes