If i switch to the verizon plan do i still get the $25 credit for each phone upgrade?
cookswv

I am currently on the Verizon Edge plan, but want to switch to the Verizon plan which would save me $40 a month. I've upgraded two of my data phones and currently get a $25 credit on each, would I lose that credit if I switch to the Verizon plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If i switch to the verizon plan do i still get the $25 credit for each phone upgrade?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon Edge is not a data plan. It's simply a phone payment plan. Are you currently on the More Everything plan with 6GB or more of data? If so you can still apply the $25 discount once you're no longer on a Device Payment Plan (formally Edge.) If you switch to the Verizon plan you can no longer get that same discount.

Without knowing the details of your current plan it's hard to say which would be the better deal. On the new Verizon plans the least your line access fee will be is $20 while with the More Everything with the month2month discount it could be as low as $15.

0 Likes
Re: If i switch to the verizon plan do i still get the $25 credit for each phone upgrade?
cookswv

I am on the More plan 10GB a month, I have 4 smartphones and one regular cell phone on this plan. Two of the four smartphones are on the edge payment plan.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How much are you paying for the 10GB?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I believe that if you switch to the Verizon Plan now, the phones on the DPP (Edge) will go from $15 line access fee to the $20, essentially raising your bill $10. What's nice about the more everything plan is that the 4 smartphones, once out of contract can qualify for the $25 line access discount.

0 Likes
cookswv

Its $80 for the 10 GB, then I pay $40 each data phone (total of 4) and $30 for the regular phone. My bill is about $310 a month

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

$80 - 10GB (On the new plan you can get 12GB for the same price)

$40 - Line Access Fee for smartphone in 2 year contract (This stays the same until the 2 year contract is up then can go to $15 on More Everything, or $20 on the new plans)

$40 - Line Access Fee for smartphone in 2 year contract (This stays the same until the 2 year contract is up then can go to $15 on More Everything, or $20 on the new plans)

$15 - Line Access Fee for Edge Device (This goes to $20 on the new plan)

$15 - Line Access Fee for Edge Device (This goes to $20 on the new plan)

$XX - 2 Edge Payments (Guessing around $65)

$30 - Basic Line Access Fee (On the new plans this is $20 - in fact I thought it was also $20 on the more everything plan also...)

0 Likes
cookswv

So the price will pretty much equal itself out?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

My Verizon>My Account>Manage My Products and Apps

Look closely at that screen and see if you spot anything that says you could apply a discount to that basic line. Or if your smartphones are out of contract, you could apply a discount to those as well.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Basically yes. Someone one else may come here to confirm, but I'm fairly certain that the $15 line access fees will go to $20, but the 2 year contract line access fee will still be $40 until the 2 year contract is up. This fact catches a lot of people because they think if they switch to the Verizon Plan their line access fee of $40 will drop to $20, but that isn't correct. The reason it's $40 to start with is because you got the phone at a subsidized price. With the new plans you're having to pay full price, thus getting a $20 discount on the line access fee.

0 Likes