If I order a phone online, are there any additional charges?
BOUBAC59

If I was to order a phone on the website and do the 2 year agreement, is there an additional charge for the activation fee to switch the phone over?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 year agreement update
Weth
Legend

$40 upgrade fee

and, depending on what plan you are on, potentially a $15 to $25 monthly price increase in your line access fee.

Upgrading on 2 year agreement, although the phone appears cheaper, is often not the least expensive way to upgrade. You must look at the full 2 year costs to make the best decision for you.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes there is an activation fee and your line access fee will increase depending on the service plan you have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correction it is an upgrade fee not an activation fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

$40 upgrade fee

and, depending on what plan you are on, potentially a $15 to $25 monthly price increase in your line access fee.

Upgrading on 2 year agreement, although the phone appears cheaper, is often not the least expensive way to upgrade. You must look at the full 2 year costs to make the best decision for you.

lasinah_vzw
Verizon Employee

BOUNLIENG, we would love to see you upgrade to a new device! There is a $20 upgrade fee if you purchase a new device at full retail price or through the device payment program. If you purchase your device with a 2-year contract, a $40 upgrade fee applies. For more information regarding the upgrade fee, click Upgrade Fee FAQs | Verizon Wireless 

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes