If I have two SIM cards from Verizon for the same phone number/account, can I use two devices for the same number/account?
mrJARichard

My old iPhone 5 started malfunctioning, so I got a replacement through insurance. When they sent me the replacement phone, I got a new SIM card, but have been using my old SIM card in my new device. Can I use the new SIM card in another device and have two devices for the same number/account? Like us one SIM card for an old Android phone, and another for my new iPhone 5?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I have two SIM cards from Verizon for the same phone number/account, can I use two devices for the same number/account?
GoogleGlass3
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, one account and same phone number will not work for two phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I have two SIM cards from Verizon for the same phone number/account, can I use two devices for the same number/account?
GoogleGlass3
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, one account and same phone number will not work for two phones.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It IS possible, but you can only have one device active on the account at the time.  To use the other device youd need to deactivate the currently used phone.  ALSO, if you are switching between Apple and Android, consider that your voicemail systems are different and would need to back up any voicemails via iTunes or using basic visual voicemail (if available) or you could lose all voicemails and text messages.

Example:  I have an old Samsung Stellar and an LG G2.  Both have SIM cards registered on my account, BUT I cant use the Stellar if my G2 is the active phone and vice versa.  It almost makes having 2 SIM cards a hassle or at least, un-needed.  Keep the old SIM or new one, as a spare.