If I change minute plan will I lose my grandfathered in unlimited data?
_tpc_

Pretty simple question.  I have unlimited data on 4 phones.  Currently we run on a 1400 shared minute plan but over the last 12 months have not even hit 700 minutes.  I want to change the plan down to the 700 minute plan.  If I do this will I lose my unlimited data and have to go to tiered?  Will I lose unlimited nights or weekends or unlimited texting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I change minute plan will I lose my grandfathered in unlimited data?
Crissa

I lowered my minutes on my family plan about a month ago and they said I would keep my data plan I would double check with a rep before you change just to make sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning {tpc}

As a wireless company, we LOVE to provide our customers with options! This helps them customize their wireless experience to fit their needs. I would like the opportunity to provide some clarity on your situation. I have listed them in bullet points below.

• You CAN keep your unlimited data if you move up or down in your family share plan.
  • You WILL lose your Friends & Family benefit by going to the 700 minute plan.
  • Any future equipment upgrades will require a tiered data plan to get 2-year pricing.
  • Full retail purchase of future devices will allow unlimited data to be retained.

I understand that I provided just a little more information than you requested but I wanted to share ALL your options as I want to empower you to make an informed decision. If you have any questions or concerns then feel free to reply as I am eager to assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NjHull

I have an iPhone, my husband has a simple phone and doesn't want a smart phone.

Our bill calls our current plan Nationwide Loyaltyshare 550 on which I have unlimited data.

quote: Full retail purchase of future devices will allow unlimited data to be retained.

Will that be true for our plan as well?

0 Likes