Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Not applicable

Very doubtful Verizon insured it.

You should have the tracking number from the return you received.

Tracking it proves absolutely nothing. It was probably destroyed in mailing. Post office recovered the remains and sent it back to you.

Verizon is not going to pay you for a damaged or destroyed device. No matter who did it. The post office normally places a letter in the return stating "we are sorry this was damaged in handling etc" this may be enough if you have insurance, but it will not make Verizon pay.

Good Luck

0 Likes
thanhle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for submitting your email from the Verizon Trade-In Team and for including the email address (support@online.trade-in.vzw.com). I submitted my complaint to them, and also took off the traded-in phone from Find My iPhone (again, since I did it before, but apparently it didn't "take"). Hope I'll be compensated for the missing amount now. Thanks again scdantes!  Much appreciated!

0 Likes
fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never in the 5 question that they ask you do they say it has to power in normal condition, what is that suppose to mean, all of the sudden there coming up with this terms and conditions never before stated in writing. It says powers on...yes or no. You should honor what you have in writing. We are recycling our devices for a reason. Your customer service sucks!

0 Likes
LilaF

I am having the same issue as everyone else! I have the original email stating my iPhone 4S was valued at $200 and then just this past Friday got my gift card for $36. I've tried to call about 20 times now and just keep getting the same, "We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes, please try your call at another time" I've also sent an email stating my frustration and got some stupid auto reply. Looks like some people have gotten through to talk to someone...How??? I don't even have an explanation as to why they only gave me $36. My phone was in perfect condition, I went through all the steps to clear and reset and turned off find my iPhone and took about 20 pictures showing full detail of the phone and that it was working!

This is such a scam and I feel like Verizon has taken advantage of so many people. I really hope a class action law suit is filed against them for their misleading business practices.

If anyone can help me get in touch with an actual person it would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
mz1022
Enthusiast - Level 1

After visiting 2 consecutive Verizon stores in 1 day- I was assured I'd get a better trade in value by sending my phone in via the recycling kit that was provided over doing it in person. If I did it in person I was guaranteed only $76. I will never recycle with this program ever again! I mailed my old iphone 4s in well over 4 weeks ago. I checked the status daily to see the progress and to make sure it even got there. Everyday I checked, it would say "item not received." I've been anxious and praying it didn't get lost or stolen in the mail until I got the email with a gift card alert today. It's absolutely ridiculous that Verizon offers $200 for trade in value on a phone that was kept in an otterbox since day one, only to issue me $76 due to a broken sim card tray! If there were any issues with my phone after it got sent through the mail- blame it on the poor packaging you send for trade in. A box would be more protective than a flimsy envelope! God only knows how the USPS is handling it through their machines etc. I don't know how to access the SIM card tray, nor do I want to know. Clearly this trade in program is becoming a severe issue with not just myself: Class action needs to be taken soon!!!!

slmillerindia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am ready to scream at someone at Verizon.... I traded up from an IPhone 4 for an IPhone 6 and was told that I would receive $200 gift certificate. When I went online to print up a return mailing label, my phone was valued at $100 - even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.. nothing! I have tried numerous times to call the help desk and can't get past a recording. I have emailed four times for help, with never a reply.

Honestly... .it makes me never want to do business with Verizon again - or trust any of their promotional....

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
fracturing

Great.  I'm still in the "waiting for them to confirm that they've received my phone a month after I sent it" boat.  I can't wait to deal with the "offering me $36 instead of $200" issue next.

I really regret switching from Sprint.  I lost my unlimited data and of course even though I signed up for Verizon to send me notifications when I approach my limit, they never came and I went over.  Make sure to watch out for that one too, guys. 

0 Likes
dunner

I wish I had seen this thread before sending in my phone. Just received an email with a $36 gift card (not the $200 appraised) with no explanation! And to make matters worse, calling the Trade In Hotline (877 247 3846) gives a busy signal.

Beware of this deal!

0 Likes
LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

same thing here, sent a perfectly good phone, a sprint iphone 5

waited a month and they have no tracking numbers or anything on the package so you never know if the thing gets lost or what happens after you mail it out.

got a 36 dollar gift card today with no explanation whatsoever

support line is busy and hangs up immediately, business line is working great but they won't help me

what the hell is going on at verizon, this is a for sure scam do not trade them your phone

0 Likes
loganberry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the laundry list of people scammed by Verizon.  Appraised for $200 and I got $36 because "the LCD was broken".  So It took calling at 10:30pm to finally get through to someone on their miserable customer service line.  She said all she could do was escalate the matter which means absolutely nothing.

I asked her if she was getting a lot of calls about it and she said "actually yes we're getting quite a few".  It's just laughable that Verizon has done nothing about this to this point.  They have no interest in helping their customers at all.

0 Likes