Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@cclark222,

VZW to the rescue!

This is definitely not a good surprise! You can reach out to the Device Recycle support center for assistance. You can reach them at 877-247-3846 or by email at support@online.trade-in.vzw.com. They will be more than happy to help and explain why the difference of the gift card you received and what you were originally quoted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

The number to the trade in center is in the trade in website

0 Likes
scdantes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just mailed in 2 iphone 4s for the 200 gift card promotion for upgrading to the iphone 6.  I did the exact same process of deleting the phones on each.  One phone I received the 200 gift card.  On the second, they're claiming that the Activation Lock was not deactivated.  I'm not sure how this can be when I erased the phone.  They're giving me a $36 credit for the phone for this error.  I'd rather take the phone back than take what is obviously an attempt to screw me on a technicality.  Try to call the number listed, and it says "due to high call volume, all representatives are helping other customers.  Please try your call again later."  It's been saying this for TWO DAYS.  How about you hire more representatives if you're going to try to squeeze an extra $164 from people for making mistakes that you can obviously fix.  Tried emailing several times no response. 

0 Likes
hurtcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is so disgusting. Mine was only given $36 too and I know I did everything right! Infuriating. I wish we could all sue them. I am beyond upset.

matthewood
Enthusiast - Level 3

The most "awesome" /sarcasm part of my interaction with Verizon on this one was NO proof that the lock was in fact activated. They sent me screenshots of a random iCloud login screen with a reference to a serial number that wasn't my phone! There is no clear communication path to get this resolved. They kept my phone, and also kept the money. Total scam. I even contacted Apple and they confirmed that no devices were using "Find my iPhone". Very bad system in place, and I hope this thread helps get the word out that this is a total scam. My message in this thread from 7 months ago details my plight. It's hard to hear everyone go through it again with the iPhone 6 release. Bad policies, Verizon!

0 Likes
scdantes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update my own post, Verizon made it right.  They replied to my e-mail last night informing me that I would need to remove the device from my icloud find my iphone, which I did.   I replied to the e-mail indicating I had removed the device from my iCloud find my phone app.  This morning, I received an e-mail with a gift card for the remaining $164!  Thanks Verizon for making it right.

0 Likes
matthewood
Enthusiast - Level 3

WOW! An actual human responded to you? I never got such luck!

Do you mind letting me know how/who responded ? I am in the same boat...

Congrats and thank you!!!

Matthew

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
novanovanova

If you have your old serial number or IMEI, printed on your original receipt or box, you can now check the activation status and provide a PDF screen print to Verizon: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

0 Likes
njamesAZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, lump me in with all the rest. Traded in an iPhone 4 in perfectly good condition for a $200 gift card, and received $76, with the claim that my phone was "cracked/broken" when they received it. Now they're saying it's my word against theirs as to the condition I shipped it in, and as of yet aren't adjusting my credit. I'm not done with this yet, though the trade-in dept. is so inundated they aren't even accepting additional calls.

Hopefully i can get a resolution to this, like some of you have. My phone was not cracked or broken wen I sent it in - if it happened during shipping, I can't see how that's my fault. I wish I would have seen this thread earlier - I would have taken my trade-in to a store for proof of condition first!

Wish me luck. Uhg.

Stphkramer

I had the same issue. I received a $36 credit. I feel like I have been cheated by Verizon and am not happy. I followed Verizon's instructions on resetting my iPhone. I turned off the find my phone feature. I reset the phone and erased all content. I logged into my iCloud account and deleted my old phone. Yet, Verizon says that I did not deactivate my phone. Total scam. I have tried to call the device recycling support number several times, and I have sent an email with no answer. I want to escalate this issue to get it solved, but it is impossible with no one to contact. I am very disappointed in Verizon's ability to handle this.

0 Likes